Namport Vacancies 2023
Namport, operating as the National Port Authority in Namibia since 1994, manages both the Port of Walvis Bay and the Port of Lüderitz in Namibia.
The Port of Walvis Bay is situated at the west Coast of Africa and provides an easier and much faster transit route between Southern Africa, Europe and the Americas.
The Port of Lüderitz, located to the Southern Coast of Namibia caters for Southern Namibia as well as providing access to markets in the Northern Cape of South Africa.
Namibian Ports Authority also manages a Syncrolift (dry dock facility) with vessels up to 2000 tonnes that can be lifted for repairs.
Namport operates 2 floating docks with lifting capacity of 8000 tonnes each.
Namport’s key roles are to:
- Manage the port facilities to cater for current trade needs
- Develop the ports for future demands
- Contribute to the competitiveness of the SADC region’s trade through the efficient, reliable and cost-effective supply of port services
- Facilitate economic growth in Namibia by enabling regional development and cross-border trade
- Promote the Ports of Walvis Bay and Lüderitz as preferred routes for sea-borne trade between SADC, Europe and the Americas
- As the founding architects of the Walvis Bay Corridor Group, assist with developing cross-border trade
- Minimize the impact of port operations on the natural environment by applying International Organisation for Standardisation ISO 14001
- Uplift and support the communities in which we operate