International Training College Lingua (ITCL) Examination
This section provides information and guidance on preparing for and undertaking examinations, submitting assessments, timetables , results release and graduation.
Students of the International Training College – Lingua should register and pay each year for examination in those subjects in their course/qualification registered for the year/semester provided that
- They meet the examination admission requirements
- The prescribed fees have been paid in full
Fees Payable for Examinations
Students of the International Training College-Lingua will write examination in those subjects in which they registered for in that particular year/semester/session. The college offers examinations for full/part time students after every session. There are four sessions in an academic year. Distance students have two examination sessions per academic year (June/July and October/November). The examination fees are as follows:
First and Second Year Students: N$800
Third Year Students: N$2500
Determination of the Final Semester Mark
In determining the final mark for a subject, the following regulations apply:
- Unless otherwise stipulated, continuous assessment and the examination mark are used in the ratio of 40 to 60 respectively in order to determine the final mark
- In a subject in whom no final examination is written, the continuous assessment mark constitutes the final mark (e.g. where subjects are evaluated exclusively by continuous evaluation)
- In a subject for whom no continuous assessment mark is required the examination mark constitutes the final mark; and where a student fails to report for the ordinary examination in a subject, a final mark of zero is awarded for the relevant subject
In addition to the normal examination periods, supplementary examinations are conducted during a period preceding the commencement of the following academic term.
A student qualifies for a supplementary examination in a subject if he/she complies with the following conditions:
- Students will be granted a supplementary examination if they achieve a minimum percentage determined by the college from the combined year mark and examination mark
- He/she has paid the prescribed fees per subject in full
Nature and Scope of Supplementary Examinations
- Supplementary examinations are conducted under the same conditions as the normal examination.
- As a supplementary examination is a fully-fledged examination, the examination time per subject corresponds with that of the normal examination.
iFor queries and support, use the details;
8058, Schweitzer Street, Windhoek, Namibia
P.O. Box 50097,
Tel: +264 61 30 1032/4/5
Fax: +264 61 30 1033