About Okakarara Vocational Training Centre
As one of seven formerly state-owned vocational training centres now under the supervision of the Namibia Training Authority, Okakarara VTC has as its core business the training of young technically inclined Namibians in key vocational and technical areas. To this end, it focuses on offering:
- Newly- designed unit standards and qualifications under the Competency-Based Education and Training (CBET) curricula;
- A variety of training and up-skilling courses aimed at enhancing the technical and entrepreneurial skills of members of the community in which it operates;
- Namibia Qualifications Authority-accredited formal courses that are listed on the National Qualifications Framework, based on identified demands and resulting in an increase of highly qualified artisans and professional in various trade- or professional areas for the labour market; and
- A variety of informal skills- and entrepreneurial training based on requested and established demands, ultimately leading to improved local and regional entrepreneurial development; and
- Other services to the community and business sector, such as business information and support, counseling, product development, business mentorship and referrals.