Bahnhof Hotel Aus Job Vacancies
26 en-suite twin rooms elegantly and tastefully decorated, inclusive of 1 wheelchair friendly unit and one 4 bed family room.
Is a self-catering unit situated on a hill overlooking the small settlement of Aus.
Aloe Rock House
Has three comfortable twin rooms with two separate bath rooms, each with shower & toilet.
Activities & Attractions
The village was formerly the site of a prisoner-of-war camp established by the South African forces in 1915 to house German soldiers captured during the First World War. The inmates initially lived in tents but later built clay- brick houses. The number of prisoners initially reached 1500, but after all the volunteer soldiers were sent home, their numbers in the camp remained at 1200. In May 1919 all the soldiers were repatriated and the camp was closed. A plaque marks the site today and it is demarcated as a historical heritage site.
The area west of Aus is noted for its herd of feral horses living in the desert. They urinate less than domestic horses and can go five days without water. They drink at an artificial water hole at Garub Pan where a blind has been erected to enable tourists to watch the animals without disturbing them.
The situation of the Wild horses at Garub (a water hole for the feral horses) has improved due to the rain a few months ago. No feeding is supplied by the Wild Horse Foundation anymore. Since February 2019 the hyenas stopped preying on the horses; 73 are left including 31 mares, 40 stallions and 2 foals. Some mares are pregnant again, more foals will be born in the coming months and will hopefully have a chance to reach adulthood.
- Check in from 14h00 / Check out at 10h00
- Credit card facilities for Master & Vista Cards
- Secure parking in the backyard
- Coffee & Tea making facilities in each room
- All rooms are fitted with overhead ceiling fans, wall-mounted heaters and mosquito nets
- Free WiFi Internet access for residing guests (Main area of Hotel)
- Guests with special dietary requirements can be catered for at any time
- Remarkable day trips in and around Aus can be booked at the reception
- Friendly staff conveys the personal touch for which the Bahnhof Hotel Aus is widely known for
- Aviation fuel and an airfield shuttle is available for aviation bound guests
- Traditional song and performances by the local staff augment an unforgettable African evening
- Conferencing for ± 50 pax with WiFi access
20 Lüderitz Street, Aus,
South West Namibia
“S 26 40 078 – E 16 17 628”
Phone number: +264 67 240-901/3/4
Cell number: +264 (0)812763974
Weavers Tourism & Marketing Services Cc
Phone number: +264 63 258-091