Business School of Excellence Services
- Personality Assessments
The Business School of Excellence (BSE) offers quality assessment services and can administer work behaviour assessments through human job analysis and personality profile analysis. These tools can assist greatly in appointing the correct people for the job and have been tried and tested over 15 years in over four million assessments for 30 000 clients in over 50 countries. With these assessments, candidates’ unique behavioural preferences are compared to the ideal personality profile required for the identified position and can assist in identifying future developmental areas and a subsequent career path for the employee.
- ICT Solutions
Technology enables the exchange of information between people across great geographical divides. The use of a cloud computing strategy ensures that clients’ confidential information is secured and that disaster recovery processes are in place. Customisable solutions are offered in the form of eVision, Moodle and the SMARTBoard.
eVision is a sophisticated, web-based student administration system that holds all confidential and auditable data. The student administration system can be utilised to manage thousands of assignments and examination papers, where receipt and dispatch of all documentation is tracked and monitored. The system has the capacity to process large volumes of information and can be scaled and tailored for different needs.
THE INFORMATION IT CONTAINS IS VAST
It records data such as:
- Biographical data required by regulatory bodies for reporting purposes.
- Programme data including units and modules. The programmes are created as per the set requirements.
- Documents: All students are required to complete application forms and provide copies of their previous qualifications (if required) and IDs. All these documents are scanned into our system and can be viewed by any user with access to this component on eVision.
- Telephone conversations: Calls made to our call centre are all recorded and any individual’s call can be recorded and placed on his/her record for future reference.
- SMS communications: SMSes are used as a communication tool and are sent to students upon registration. Similarly SMSes can be sent in bulk or to an individual at any time. The message, date and time is recorded for reference purposes.
- Dispatch information: The system is linked to a distribution centre. Once a student is registered, an electronic picking list is sent to the centre for the packing of study material. Once the material is sent to the student an SMS is sent and the tracking number is updated on the eVision system.
- Attendance records per class – i.e. the site, dates and times of the classes are recorded.
- Assignments, examinations and any other form of assessment can be recorded and weighted if necessary.
- Examination results.
THE eVISION SYSTEM IS ABLE TO:
- Cater to any educational programme;
- Support the student’s life cycle in integrated fashion (from end-to-end);
- Customise the reports drawn; and
- Integrate with other software.
The introduction of e-learning components, such as Moodle, supports students and adds tremendous value to the students’ learning experience. Through this platform, students can receive their learning material electronically upon registration. Those who have Internet connectivity can access their study guides, information books and past papers through online platforms, including a mobile application site and e-learning hubs such as Moodle. Online assessments can be conducted and students have the opportunity to submit their assignments by uploading these to the e-learning platform. These e-learning components, together with mobile applications, have contributed greatly to increasing the exchange of information, communication and support between students and lecturers.
- Interactive whiteboards
This solution specifically enables instant information exchange through an interactive platform that can be used for tutoring, conferencing or meeting purposes. Through this platform, students can receive tutoring and experience instant problem-solving without having to travel far. Students who have limited transport or access opportunities can really benefit from this. A network stretching across the borders between South Africa and Namibia has been set up using this technology. This allows students to interact with internationally renowned lecturers. Corporates can also utilise it for workshops or for meeting facilities. Current centres include Windhoek, Ongwediva, Rundu and Katima Mulilo. These facilities may also be rented.
The SmartBoard is an interactive tool that uses touch detection for user input and a projector is used to display a computer’s video output on the Interactive Whiteboard, which then acts as a large touch screen. The large touch-sensitive screen works with a computer and a data projector to provide immediate access to a wide range of digital materials. Using a finger or a pen on the screen, educators and students can access and control any computer application, file or multimedia platform, including the Internet, CD-ROMs and DVDs. It is designed to give users access to digital materials in meetings and lectures, and make interacting with one’s notes a more intuitive and engaging experience.
BENEFITS OF THE INTERACTIVE WHITEBOARD
- Allows for easy access to information regardless of location.
- Allows one to schedule meetings.
- Enables lecturers to connect, share and collaborate with other users remotely or locally.
- Enables instant problem-solving for students via contact with and tutoring from the lecturer.
- Provides access internationally to lecturers, fellow students and other parties located across the world.
ASSESSMENT TOOLS FOR THE SMART RECRUITER
BSE assists recruiters, corporate clients and organisations to make the correct employment, promotion and employee development decisions at any level in the organisation – whether appointing clerical, administrative, management or professional level employees. Similarly, individuals can assess this service through BSE directly to improve their marketability, employability or self-development. The school-leaver making decisions towards his or her career path can also be greatly assisted through this assessment process.
THE HUMAN JOB ANALYSIS
The Human Job Analysis (HJA) assesses the candidate’s unique behavioural preferences and ranks this personality profile against the ideal behavioural requirements (or personality type) of the job. It provides a list of adjectives describing the ideal behavioural characteristics of the role.
PERSONALITY PROFILE ASSESSMENT
Personality Profile Assessment (PPA) is a managerial tool designed for recruiting, selecting, training, counselling and team building purposes. It should be used in conjunction with the Human Job Analysis to assess the behavioural traits of candidates and to match these against the prescribed behavioural traits associated with the job. Companies have the opportunity to improve their methods of selecting suitable candidates, so that in future, it will be considerably easier to make the RIGHT choices.
- Assessments can be done on site to suit the client and can be conducted either electronically or by paper-based medium.
- Candidate reports can be provided on demand.
- Reporting includes a personality profile analysis report and a strengths and limitations report.
- Professional and qualified assessors will guide candidates through the process. The tools are unbiased and system driven.
- Over the last 15 years, these tools have been used to conduct over four million assessments in 50 countries.