COSDEF Arts and Craft Centre
In 2009, COSDEF introduced the National Arts and Craft Project in Swakopmund. COSDEF Arts & Crafts Centre serves as a selling and value-added outlet for arts and craft products produced at COSDECs and from local producers around the country. In November 2014 the Arts & Crafts Centre’s new building was inaugurated, sponsored by MCA – Namibia.
The Centre now offers a range of short and long courses in art and craft development as well hosting its very own Namibian Craft Collection Shop & Gallery. The Centre also offers Conference & Theatre facilities, Restaurant, Catering services & Food stalls and several established Craft shops and SME Incubation units.
The Arts & Crafts Centre has 11 staff members and a Peace Corps Volunteer assisting with business development.
Courses Offered by COSDEF Arts and Craft Centre
- Jewellery Design & Manufacturing L2
- Jewellery Design & Manufacturing L3
- Fashion Design & Accessories L2
- Visual Art, Craft & Design L2
- Leather Craft & Design L2
- Graphic Design L2
Short Courses (3 months)
- Intro to Computer Graphics: Adobe Illustrator
- Intro to Computer Graphics: Adobe Photoshop
- Intro to Fashion Design: Beginners, Intermediate, Advanced
- Basic Leather Craft
Centre Manager: Ms. Michelle //Inixas
Phone : +264-64- 406122
Fax : +264-64-406120
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Address : PO Box 4230 Vineta, Swakopmund
C/o Swakopmund Airport Road & B2/Sam Nujoma
Follow us on Facebook