Emergency Management Training & Specialist Services (EMTSS) Namibia
About EMTS Paramedic Programme
Emergency Management Training and Specialist Services was established to focus on the training of public and professional people in areas of Emergency Care, Fire Fighting, Health and Safety, Medical Rescue and Working at Heights. EMTSS entered the market with years of experience gained through field operation and training provided in local communities, government and the private sector.
Vision and Mission:
- Strive for community development and safety awareness through public education and service excellence in patient care.
- This will be achieved through research and application of international accredited standards and services towards patient care, public education and community involvement.
EMTSS is committed to insuring that the following values underlies every aspect of the business’s objectives:
- Equipment sales and Medical bags ans well as refilling of First Aid Kits
- Consultation in the fields of Emergency Care, Fire Fighting, Health and Safety, Medical Rescue and Working at Heights.
All Training and services are either directly approved by the relevant Governmental sectors or through partnerships with collaborative business.
Emergency Management Training & Specialist Services Namibia Paramedic Programme
The goal of the BLS for Healthcare Providers Course is to train participants to save lives of victims of cardiac arrest through high-quality cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
The AHA designed the course to prepare healthcare professionals to know how to perform CPR in- and out-of-hospital settings.
This course comprises of 36 modules and teaches the skills of CPR and Choking for victims of all ages, including ventilation with barrier devices, pocket masks, bag-valve-mask devices with supplemental oxygen, and the use of Automated External Defibrillators (AED).
Our Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers Course covers the following topics:
- BLS/CPR Basics for Adults
- 1 Rescuer CPR with AED Demo
- Assessment and Scene Safety
- Chest Compressions for Adult Victims
- Airway and Breathing
- Adult Compressions and Breaths Practice
- Breaths with Bag-Mask for Adult Victims
- Rescuer Adult BLS/Team CPR Sequence
- Defibrillation: AED Introduction and Use
- AED Special Situations and Safety
- Using the AED Trainer
- Introduction to Child BLS/CPR
- Chest Compressions for Child Victims
- Introduction to Infant BLS/CPR
- 1 and 2 Rescuer Infant BLS/CPR Demo
- 2 Finger Chest Compressions for Infant Victims
- Breaths with Bag-Mask for Infant Victims
- 2 Rescuer Infant CPR / 2 Thumb-Encircling Hands Chest Compressions
- 1 and 2 Rescuer Infant BLS/CPR Practice Session
- AED for Infants and Children from 1-8 years of Age
- CPR with an Advanced Airway
- Rescue Breathing
- Mouth-to-mouth Breaths for Victims 1 year or older
- Adult/Child Choking (responsive/unresponsive)
- HCP 30 Infant Choking (responsive/unresponsive)
- 1 and 2 Rescuer Adult (with AED) & Infant BLS skills test
Duration: 5 – 6 Hours
Certification: Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers (BLS HCP) accredited by the American Heart Association (AHA) valid for two (2) years, with a CPD certificate accredited by the Health Professions Council of Namibia (HPCNA) for 16 CEU’s
Register for courses using this link
EMTSS Paramedic Course Application guidelines
Compulsory when applying for the Emergency Care Practitioner BASIC – Course
- Certified copy of school certificate must be attached.
- Applicant must be 18 years or older.
- Applicant must have a Grade 10 certificate
Compulsory when applying for the Emergency Care Practitioner INTERMEDIATE – Course
- Must write an entry examination (60% Pass mark).
- Original letter of completion on practical training. One year service (employment) as a registered ECP BASIC.
Other Courses Offered by Emergency Management Training & Specialist Services Namibia
- EMERGENCY CARE (PARAMEDICS)
- FIRE FIGHTING
- HEALTH SAFETY
- MEDICAL RESCUE
FOR DETAILED EXPLANATION ON THESE COURSES PLEASE CONTACT US
- Emergency Care Practitioner (ECPB) – Basic (6 week course)
- Emergency Care Practitioner (ECP IN) – Intermediate (17 week course)
- BLS for Health Care Practitioners (AHA Accredited)
EMTSS Namibia Contact Details
(0)61 245 425
(0)81 205 4266