Fertilizer Suppliers in Namibia
What is a Fertilizer ?
A fertilizer or fertiliser is any material of natural or synthetic origin that is applied to soil or to plant tissues to supply plant nutrients. Fertilizers may be distinct from liming materials or other non-nutrient soil amendments. Many sources of fertilizer exist, both natural and industrially produced.
Fertilizer Suppliers in Namibia
List of Fertilizer Companies in Namibia, Suppliers, Distributors, Manufacturers, Importer. Include Richard and Naka Trading CC, .
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the three main types of fertilizers?
Three Main Classes of Fertilizers
- Nitrate fertilizers. Nitrogen-based fertilizers, the largest and most important group, take several steps to make.
- Phosphorus fertilizers. This group of fertilizers come from phosphate rock, a mined ore. …
- Potassium fertilizers.
What is another name for fertilizer?
Synonyms of fertilizer (noun dressing to aid production of crops)
What are two types of fertilizers?
Types of fertilizer
- Organic fertilizers. These are made from natural materials such as manure, compost, and peat moss. …
- Inorganic fertilizers. These are made from chemicals such as nitrogen (N), phosphorus (P), and potassium (K).
What does NPK stand for?
‘NPK’ stand for Nitrogen, Phosphorous, K for Potassium or Potash. ‘5 – 3 – 5’ are the ratios of NP&K in the pack or bottle. In this case 5 parts Nitrogen, 3 parts Phosphorous, 5 parts Potash.
What are the classification of fertilizers?
Straight fertilizers are those which supply only one primary plant nutrient (N, P & K). E.g. Urea, Ammonium sulphate, Potassium chloride and Potassium sulphate. Complex fertilizers contain 2 or 3 primary plant nutrients of which two primary nutrients are in chemical combination. Usually produced in granular form.
What are four examples of fertilizer?
Urea, slurry, NPK- nitrogen, phosphorous, and potassium.
What are the benefits of fertilizer?
Fertilizers provide crops with nutrients like potassium, phosphorus, and nitrogen, which allow crops to grow bigger, faster, and to produce more food. Nitrogen in particular is an essential nutrient for the growth of every organism on Earth. Nitrogen is all around us and makes up about 78% of the air you breathe.
Which fertilizer is best for maize?
Nitrogen is the most important nutrient and role player in Maize crop growth, production, and quality. Nitrogen fertilizer is essential for good leaf growth. Smaller leaves result in less photosynthesis, a process required to store starch in grains.
What are organic fertilizers examples?
Commonly used organic fertilizers include composted animal manure, compost, sewage sludge, food processing wastes, and municipal biosolids. They improve soil health and release nutrients to soils gradually.
What are 3 disadvantages of fertilizers?
Disadvantages of fertilisers:
- They get washed away by water easily and cause pollution.
- They harm the microbes present in soil.
- They reduce soil fertility.
- They are expensive.
- They provide only short term benefits.
- They change the nature of soil, making it either too acidic or too alkaline.