Grootberg Lodge Job Vacancies
Welcome to Journeys Namibia’s flagship lodge, the first middle market establishment to be wholly owned by a conservancy. For the initial development the European Union funded the project through the Ministry of Environment and Tourism’s Development Programme. At the same time, the private sector was called in to provide the training and management skills until the local community becomes self-sustainable.
Your hosts at Grootberg Lodge are members of the rural community, trained by Journeys Namibia to deliver excellent service for international guests in a home-away-from-home atmosphere.
What to Expect
The majority of our friendly staff are from the local community. All of them have the skills to perform their various duties. Guests are hosted in the tradition of genuine local hospitality, complemented by excellent food.
Waitrons and bar tenders are always ready to serve and assist where needed.
- 14 twin and 2 family chalets of rock and thatch sit above the Klip River Valley where Black Eagles are a regular sight – hunting just below your private deck
- Two family units each provide enough comfortable space for two adults and two children
- Each room has a shower, toilet and washbasin plus complimentary toiletries amenities
- Each room is furnished with a desk and bedside lamps and has a small deck in front
- The coffee and tea station is equipped with a thermoflask (refill available in the main area)
Telephone: +264 61 228 104
Emergency: +264 81 260 0830
Grootberg, C40, Palmwag
Po Box 91045, Klein Windhoek, Namibia