International University of Management (IUM) Bachelor in Business Administration Programme
The Bachelor Degree of Business Administration is a three year programme designed to make a positive and practical contribution to the industry and commerce in Namibia and beyond as it equips students with an understanding of the business and management environments. The students studying at the International University of Management Degree of Business Administration are expected to acquire the critical entrepreneurial, leadership, team, and communications skills and explore their ability to work with and through other people.
Admission /Entry Requirements
One has to satisfy the minimum admission requirement for entry to degree studies at this University as prescribed under the entry requirements in the IUM General Academic Regulations.
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualification(s), provided that the candidate has passed five subjects (including English minimum D normally in not more than three examination sittings with a minimum of 25 points on the IUM’s evaluation scale.
- A recognised qualification at NQF level 6 or equivalent
- Mature age entry, provided that they:
- Are 25 years old or over in the year in which is sought
- Have at least 3 years’ experience
- Have at least a pass at grade 10
- Provide a suitable reference from a recognised public official
Career opportunities in Business Administration
Students who successfully complete and obtain the qualification can become Accountant managers, Administrative services managers, Bill and account collectors, Brokerage clerk/ assistants, Careers in operations research/management science, Executive assistant, General Manager, Human resources, training, labor relations managers and specialist, Insurance sales agent and Insurance underwriter.
|Bachelor in Business Administration|
|Applied English Language Skills|
|Introduction to Entrepreneurship|
|Principles of Management|
|Basic IT Skills|
|Human Capital Management|
|Principles of Marketing|
|Quantitative Methods I|
|Critical Thinking Skills|
|Financial Accounting II|
|Intermediate Entrepreneurship and Innovation|
|Management Information Systems|
|Quantitative Methods II|
|Strategic Human Resources|
|Total Quality Management|
|Business Leadership Dynamics|
|Business Logistics and Supply Chain Management|
|International Business Management|
|Choose one of the following|
|Labour and International Relations|