About the Namibian Academy for Tourism and Hospitality (NATH)
Tourism is increasingly becoming one of the most important industries in Namibia. The Namibian Government realizes the importance of tourism for the future economic development of Namibia and stresses the importance of quality training as a pre-requisite to realize the full potential of tourism. Hence, the Namibian Academy for Tourism and Hospitality (NATH) was formally launched as an Article 21 Company in August 1994 (Reg no. 21/91/449).
NATH as a non-profit organization, has strived to maintain and increase excellence in the Tourism Industry. Through on-going partnerships with all role players in the Tourism and Hospitality field of Namibia (the private sector as well as relevant ministries of the government), NATH shown success in facilitating and coordinating tourism related training needs in Namibia.
NATH is accredited with the Namibian Qualifications Authority (NQA) No. 0104
NATH is registered with the Namibian Training Authority (NTA) R 201 306 00016
NATH Mission Statement
- To assist the Namibian Tourism Industry in developing a highly professional workforce.
- To establish standard for tourism training to meet national and international requirements.
- To propose, develop and implement vocational and academic courses offered where needs exist.
- To articulate with other institutions in order to stay relevant and co-operative.
- To produce ongoing opportunities for training in tourism.