Standard Bank Namibia
Who we are
Our 100 years of banking expertise gives us the capability to look after your personal financial needs and help you Move Forward.
Standard Bank Namibia opened its first commercial branch in 19 August 1915 in Lüderitz. Standard Bank is one of Namibia’s oldest companies. The banks original vision was to understand its customers better, have people with strong knowledge of local business conditions and to do a better job of connecting borrowers with lenders. This vision created the platform for the kind of bank it would become and qualities on which its customers and clients would come to rely.
We take pride in being part of Standard Bank Group, a large financial services company that is rooted in Africa but reaching all corners of the world.
Some highlights over the past years include:
- Building the widest-ranging branch network.
- Offering the most ATM’s and highest availability.
- Employing the first Namibian Managing Director.
- Winning the “Namibia Best Bank” award in Euromoney’s Awards for Excellence in 2004, 2005 and 2006.
- Winning “The Banker’s Bank of the Year” award in 2006.
- Sharing kudos with Standard Bank Group when it was named the “Best Cash Management Bank in Africa” by Global Finance magazine. In an exclusive survey published in the magazine’s March 2006 issue, the bank was selected as the “Best Bank for Payments and Collection in Africa” for the second consecutive year.
- We were also awarded as the “Best Continuous Linked Settlement (CLS) Bank Offering”.
From humble beginnings, with three branches, a fully-fledged bank has emerged. Today we have a combined 51 branches and agencies and 180 ATM’s throughout Namibia. Standard Bank has grown from a mere few staff members to over 1 500 today, and extended its roots deep into the fabric of Namibian society.
We have a commitment to bring banking to Namibians all over the country, especially to the previously “unbanked” population. We will continue our commitment in the years to come. We take pride in our commitment to bring banking to Namibians all over the country.
Contact us on the following numbers:
0264 61 294 2126 / 0264 61 294 2136
Country contact details
Standard Bank de Angola S.A.
Stanbic Bank Botswana Limited
Democratic Republic of Congo
Standard Bank RDC SARL
Stanbic Bank Ghana Limited
Standard Bank – Côte d’Ivoire – Bureau de Representation
Stanbic Bank Limited – Kenya
Standard Lesotho Bank Limited
Standard Bank Malawi Limited
Standard Bank (Mauritius) Limited
Standard Bank Mozambique
Standard Bank Namibia Limited
Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc
Standard Bank of South Africa Ltd
CfC Stanbic Bank
Standard Bank Swaziland Limited
Stanbic Bank Tanzania Limited
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited
Stanbic Bank Zambia Limited
Stanbic Bank Zimbabwe Limited