Windhoek Vocational Training Centre Admission Requirements
Courses offered by Windhoek Vocational Training Centre
How to Apply to the Training Centre
The centre is committed to vocational training, which will equip Namibia with an adequately skilled labour force that will in turn strengthen socio-economic development and self-employment. Since the inception of the centre there has been a steady growth in the number of course recipients as well as in the number of graduates entering the labour market.
As an autonomous training institution within the vocational education and training system, the purpose of the WVTC as defined by its charter is:
- To offer employable skills to school leavers up to artisan level.
- To participate in the implementation of the Vocational Training System through support of the Trade Testing System, the preparation of trade testing and training materials.
- To promote self-employment and certification of skills of the labour force through the provision of skills upgrading programmes. Skills upgrading programmes are aimed at facilitating the certification of skills for workers with experience, but uncertified skills.
- To promote relations between the training centre and employers through programmes of placing trainees in industries to gain experience. Through this co-operation, the Centre also gains insight into the expectations of employers, which will enable it to meet their needs.
- To co-operate with other training centres locally and internationally in order to exchange ideas on improving training standards and developing skills.
It remains the priority of the WVTC to foster a healthy relationship between all those who are interested in developing the country through vocational education and training.
Support of Small and Medium Enterprises development (SME’s) in Namibia is important for the centre. The centre shall co-operate with institutions involved in this field. The Windhoek Vocational Training Centre is geared to make its contribution in this regard. The opportunities provided by the centre are available to Namibian youth.
This home page will provide you with information on training courses available, facilities provided and entry requirements of training programmes at the WVTC as well as the rental of its facilities.
Use the contact information below for more details and enquiries on the courses requirements;
Windhoek Vocational Training Centre (WVTC)
Telephone: 061 – 211 742
Telefax: 061 – 212 379