2017 Legal and Credit Risk Team Leader Job Vacancy | First National Bank (FNB) Namibia
About us, purpose, experience and qualifications
- Will always honour our commitments, be truthful in what we say and do, uphold high ethical and moral standards and be fair and equitable in all our dealings.
- In our owner manager culture we accept that we are the masters of our own destiny and therefore we will always take full responsibility and accountability for all our decisions and actions and never leave anything unfinished.
- Are empowered to innovate and come up with new ideas, as we value and nurture new ideas.
- We believe in and enjoy what we are doing and therefore we energetically and willingly nurture caring relationships with all our stakeholders in our exciting journey of uncompromisingly achieving our objectives.
- Respect the feelings, rights and abilities of our colleagues, clients and communities, even though they may be different from our own. We respect ourselves and our colleagues by not accepting or delivering average or poor performance. If the FNB values are congruent with your value set, and you have the necessary skills and competencies for the position advertised, then we are looking for you. Preference shall be given to suitably qualified applicants from the designated groups as defined in the Affirmative Action Act, 29 of 1998.
Purpose of Job
Manage allocation and quality of work within area of responsibility. Comply with policies and procedures to ensure the effective running in terms of the overall credit risk management pertaining to the ultimate perfection of collateral/securities. Provide confirmation of collateral perfection to relevant Business Partner.
Experience and Qualifications
- 3 year industry related Degree or IOB Advanced Diploma
- 3-5 years Credit/Banking related experience
- A broad understanding of the Banking Industry
- A broad understanding of Legal and Risk Management
Additional information and responsibilities
Closing Date: 21 November 2017 Attach relevant documents (CV, Qualifications), without it your application will not be considered Applicants will be subject to ITC and reference checks Ensure documents are in PDF format when uploading Location: 130 Idependence Av @Parkside
- Manage costs / expenses within approved budget to achieve cost efficiencies.
- Manage costs by prevention of any losses due to imperfect collateral, match amount of collateral versus value of actual security.
- Deliver exceptional service that exceeds customers’ expectations through proactive, innovative and appropriate solutions.
- Provide consultative support to the Business Partners to ensure that the progress of the preparation and checking of all documentation is properly diarized, follow-ups are attended to and that all parties are adequately informed.
- Cultivate and manage objective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including end-users, SME’s, project managers and senior staff members.
- Deal with all Business partner related enquiries and complaints in a professional manner as specified in the Service Level Agreement.
- Proactive supervision of people to avoid customer breakdown by managing and resolving all customer queries efficiently, and within agreed timelines.
- Maintenance of expert knowledge on relevant legislative amendments, industry best practices and provision of proactive advice and solutions to relevant stakeholders.
- Check to provide an accurate summary of currently held collateral to inform the relevant Business Manager or analyst of what is kept on file.
- Scrutinize correctness of currently held Security documents as per latest approved limit, check if all supporting documents are in place (e.g. Marital Status letters, ID documents, Company/CC Documents, Fire Cover confirmations, Valuation reports) to ensure Collateral held complies with the requirements of the Limit Proposals.
- Check to ensure that all incorrect documents are redrafted and ensure that the new required “proposed” Security documents are drafted according to the requirements of the approved limit.
- Check the correctness of Facility Letters and Loan Agreements drafted as these documents form part of the legal agreement between the Bank and the client for credit facilities granted.
- Attend to Ad-hoc requests from Managers/Manager’s Assistants on a daily basis in order to draft collateral required.
- Verify and check that correct instructions are forwarded to the attorneys for Bond registrations and or cancellations and verify and check that correct instructions are forwarded to other Financial Institutions for noting FNB’s interest on respective documents.
- Assume accountability for the efficient and timeous document preparation, checking and record-keeping functions to ensure smooth running of a functional area.
- Assist with the development and formalisation of the team’s document preparation, checking and record-keeping processes.
- Analysing any changes/amendments to standard collateral documents and or resolutions, establishing risk factors and thereafter authorizing any proposed changes or amendments.
- Provision of an efficient administration service through careful and timeous planning, reporting and updating of all related information.
- Confirming payouts (loading of facilities granted) to Business Managers/Relationship Analyst on perfection of collateral to eliminate any risks to the Bank when making funds available to the customer.
- Comply with governance in terms of legislative and audit requirements.
- Check to ensure the capturing of information pertaining to bonded property ifo FNB ito Bank of Namibia requirement (BIR501).
- Liaise with internal auditors to ensure all procedures are met, and follow up on audit findings, ensure audit findings are addressed accordingly and are being enforced in the future.
- Track, control and influence activities with the specific aim to increase and improve operational efficiencies.
- Maintaining the tracking system to ensure drafted collateral documents are returned correctly from the various Business Units and constantly following up on outstanding documents to minimize time limits and risk constraints.
- Collate, manage and report on daily/weekly/monthly operational progress as aligned to strategic objectives.
- Adhere to the laid down team processes, maintaining efficient electronic tracking and monitoring processes and providing regular feedback to Governance Collateral Manager.
- Custody over vault and monitoring of alarm system to ensure safe guarding of security documents.
- Actively take on additional responsibilities as and when required by the team to support the delivery of excellent customer service.
- Ensure appropriate skilling and adequate capacity of team members for the adherence to operational and service standards.
- Manage performance, skills development, employment equity, talent and culture of team in order to improve innovation, achieve efficiencies and increase competencies.
- Contributes to the recruitment of team members and ensure well skilled and experienced people are hired in equity compliant way and in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Manage personal and Team Management development to increase own skills and competencies for the Team Leader function and future Managerial growth opportunities.