Call for 2018 Applications for Seed Funding
RESEARCH THEME GROUPS 2018
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS for SEED FUNDING
SANORD is committed to a Seed Funding Programme that furthers North–South research collaborations between partners, capacity building initiatives and scholarly engagement.
The SANORD Board makes seed funding available for Research Theme Group leaders to organise seminars, conferences and other activities directly related to their NorthSouth multilateral cooperation and to build networks that significantly contribute to realising the objectives of the organisation. The SANORD Board will make funds available to be used for travel, accommodation, logistical expenses and research outputs. Applications will be considered for funding up to ZAR 60 000.00 (Sixty Thousand South African Rands).
This Call for Proposals is open to all SANORD members to collaborate with at least two (2) other SANORD partners to form a partnership (at least one partner must be either from the North or Southern region, e.g. North/South plus any other within SANORD. You are also free to involve partners outside of SANORD besides the minimum of three (3) SANORD members). SANORD encourages all regional
collaboration between North-South member institutions but is particularly interested in applications, which reflect cross-disciplinary approaches and multilateral collaboration. SANORD also favours partnerships that include members from the SADC region, women and people with disabilities.
Applications will be assessed according to the following criteria:
1. The application supports relevance to SANORD goals, objectives and the SANORD Strategy 2022
2. The application supports a multilateral collaboration (at least three (3) SANORD members must be included); or the project plan supports the expansion of multilateral collaborations to include further collaborations within SANORD.
3. The application demonstrates a commitment to future collaborations and/or envisaged joint publications and/or future academic activities and/or possibilities of MoU/MoA.
4. The application reflects the sustainability of the project. Joint partners are encouraged to seek further funding opportunities other than SANORD and include proof thereof.
5. The Applicant shows a keen interest to participate and present the research findings at our next SANORD conferences, or an academic event on its campuses and with an accredited scholarly publication that is widely disseminated.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO BE SUBMITTED
The partners should jointly submit a Letter of Motivation describing the key goals and objectives of the project and ultimate outcomes (e.g. Joint Publication.)
The joint partners should submit a proposed budget that will be used effectively in line with the theme project goals and objectives/outcomes.
APPLICATION DATES & AVAILABILITY OF FUNDS
Due date for online applications: 14 September 2018.
Announcement date: 15 October 2018.
APPLICATION ASSESSMENT PROCESS
The SANORD Central Office will:
Submit all applications to the Nominations Committee (NC) for consideration and recommendation to the Board;
Notify applicants via email of the Board’s final decision.
COMPLETION OF THE ACTIVITY
The Board requires the research leader to be accountable for the following:
1. Submit a summarised narrative report (no longer than 1200 words) describing the activities, research goals achieved, the benefits derived.
2. Submit a detailed financial report on expenditure.
3. Publish the research in a scholarly publication and share the research widely.
4. Acknowledge SANORD’s support in any publication or presentation of the research.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
SANORD reserves the right to the following:
Incomplete forms will not be considered
Late applications will not be permitted
Not to disburse funds according to the committee’s discretion.
All enquiries should be directed to:
Telephone: SANORD Central Office: +27 21 959 3802/3811
For online applications, please click the following link: https://form.myjotform.com/71562435560556
An automatic email will be send to: email@example.com
The following is a list of all required information to be considered for selection.
1. Application form must be completed with all the required fields. The application must include at least include three (3) SANORD partners, the third can be a nonSANORD member
2. Maximum of three (3) project partners from different universities
3. Letter of Motivation
4. Project Budget
5. Proposed scholarly research outputs.