2018 Scholarships : University of Dundee CEPMLP Anglo American Scholarships for Postgraduates in UK
The University of Dundee is announcing CEPMLP Anglo American Scholarships to enable and encourage academically able students from Botswana, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Namibia, Peru, South Africa, Zambia, and Zimbabwe. Scholarships are available to pursue the postgraduate programme in the field of Energy Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy.
The University of Dundee is a public research university based in the city and Royal Burgh of Dundee on the east coast of the central Lowlands of Scotland.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Postgraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in Energy Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy.
Scholarship Award: Total value of scholarship £25,000 it helps with Living costs, Tuition Fees.
The award will offer the successful candidate:
- Payment of academic tuition fees
- 12 monthly stipends for living expenses for a single student
- An arrival allowance and thesis/internship report allowance
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: Applicants eligible for consideration should:
- Already hold a degree of an equivalent standard to at least a good UK upper second class honours degree or higher
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of English language competence (minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent, with no component less than 6.0)
- Display intellectual ability and leadership potential
- Have a proven track record and potential to rise to positions of influence
- Preferably be qualified lawyers having had some post-degree work experience in mining in the government, private sector, or academia.
Nationality: Students from Botswana, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Namibia, Peru, South Africa, Zambia, and Zimbabwe are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must already hold a degree of an equivalent standard to at least a good UK upper second class honours degree or higher.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must be able to demonstrate a high level of English language competence (minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent, with no component less than 6.0).
How to Apply: Please note that there is no separate application form for the Anglo American Scholarship.
Candidates who are offered unconditional admission to the full-time LLM in Mineral Law and Policy programme should provide a 250-word Personal Statement sent by email attachment to Alison Anderson by Friday 17th November 2017. Those who hold a conditional offer are not eligible to submit the supporting statement.
Given that these Scholarships are highly competitive, it is important to demonstrate in your Personal Statement that you are motivated to make a career that will take you to a position of leadership in the mining sector in your own country within 10 years of your Scholarship. You must be committed to networking to find global solutions and you should be able to use your studies and experience gained in the UK to benefit yourself, your country and the UK. You should become a first-class ambassador for the UK in your home country.
Your Personal Statement should emphasize the following points:
- Your ability to make a difference in the world, illustrated by your leadership qualities
- Your skills in communications and the ability to influence people and decisions
- Your networking ability, ambition, and plans for the future
- Your academic background and potential on the LLM degree programme, your strength of character and integrity
- Your outside interests – i.e. hobbies and activities
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is November 17, 2017.
Visit the Scholarship Link Here