International University of Management (IUM) 2020 Job Openings
JOB TITLE: COMMUNICATION AND STAKEHOLDERS ENGAGEMENT OFFICER
Key Responsibility of the Position:
1. Planning, developing and implementing public relations strategies
2. Liaising with colleagues and key stakeholders
3. Responding to queries from the media, individuals and other interest groups
4. Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media
5. Preparing and supervising the production of publicity brochures, handouts, promotional material
6. Organizing events including press conferences, exhibition and open days
7. Maintaining and updating information on the university website
8. Collating and analyzing media coverage
9. Writing and editing of University publications, speeches, articles and annual reports
10. Managing the public relations aspect of a potential crisis situation
11. Performs other duties as directed by the executive
1. Namibian Citizenship
2. A Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Communication or any related qualification
3. At least three (3) years relevant working experience performing at high level the duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
4. Sound practical working knowledge and understanding of communications, public relations and marketing functions in an institution.
5. Customer care, ability to execute work under pressure, interpersonal and good communication skills, discretion when working with confidential information, strong organizational skills, problem solving and computer application skills.
6. Valid Driver’s license
Closing date: Friday 31, January 2020 before midday
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no documents will be returned.
Applications should be accompanied by a detailed CV, certified copies or identity document and qualifications should be addressed and hand delivered to:
Human Resource Department
IUM Main Campus
Dorado Park, extension 1,
21-31 Hercules Street
Via email to: email@example.com
For enquiries contact: Mr. Hamutenya H.P Hainghumbi Tell: 061 433 6000