The Namibia University of Science and Technology (NUST) has a Vacant Position for a Registrar
NUST is Namibia’s premier technological university known for knowledge creation through innovation and entrepreneurship. The University is recruiting a visionary, dynamic, and innovative leader to support the Vice-Chancellor.
The Office of the Registrar is responsible for student admission, faculty administration, governance, examinations, graduation, and the maintenance of archives, central and postal records.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
- A PhD degree (NQF Level 10) in Education or Management.
- Ten years of experience in academic administration, governance, policy development and interpretation, of which five years must have been in a senior management position, (Director or Dean) in a Higher Education Institution (HEI).
- Advanced knowledge of academic administration processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of higher education best practices in administration as well as detailed knowledge of regulatory framework pertaining to HEIs.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate with stakeholders.
- In-depth understanding of organisational and business processes.
- Sound stakeholder, change management, strategic leadership, and people management skills.
- High level of integrity, emotional and social intelligence.
- Knowledge and competence in using all Microsoft packages including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Outlook, and the Internet.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
The Registrar carries the following responsibilities:
- Provide advice on compliance with regulatory framework and institutional policies.
- Serve as Secretary to the Council and Senate.
- Coordinate the preparation and review of all policy documents related to academic administration functions.
- Accountable and have overall responsibility for the academic administration of the University, such as student records, certification, and all systems supporting student recruitment, admission, registration, assessments, examinations and graduation.
- Support the University’s executive (the Vice-Chancellor and the Deputy Vice-Chancellors), Deans, Directors, Heads of Departments to provide academic and administration leadership.
- Manage student disciplinary proceedings by the code of conduct and disciplinary rules of the students.
TERM OF OFFICE
Five (5) years, with eligibility for reappointment based on satisfactory performance.
Closing Date: Friday, April 16, 2021
Ms Sylvia Schubert
T: +264 61 207 2948
E: email@example.com(link sends e-mail)