How to Apply to International University of Management
Postgraduate Degree Programmes
In order to be admitted to a postgraduate degree programme at the International University of Management (IUM), prospective students must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Have the relevant Bachelor Honours degree in the upper class division or equivalent from a reputable university, institution, or institute/organization OR have the requisite degree for the intended programme by the time they are matriculated.
- Must have obtained such professional qualifications or membership of professionall institutions deemed equivalent to a diploma or first degree by the IUM Higher Degrees Committee and approved by the IUM Senate
- Must have obtained an undergraduate degree in any discipline from IUM and/or from another recognised university or institution of Higher Learning.
- Additional qualifications and work experience may be required from all candidates.
- 2.75 Or higher GPA on the last 60 semester credits or 65% pass rate
- 3 letters of recommendations from university senior lecturers/professors.
- A two-page motivation write-up on why the candidate intends to join the Master`s programme
- Students with first Masters degrees will follow the standard admission requirements stipulated in these regulations.
- Admissions shall be once a year, in January
- Students may be required to sit for a Graduate English Examination (GEE) before admission.
- The exam will be set, marked and administered by the School of Postgraduate Studies.
- Departments may have additional requirements.
Undergraduate Degree Programmes
The normal entry requirement to undergraduate degree programmes shall be a Namibia Senior Secondary Certificate (Ordinary or Higher or a combination of both) or equivalent qualification(s), provided that the candidate has passed five subjects (including English at Grade D) normally in not more than three examination sittings with a minimum of 25 points on the IUM’s evaluation scale.
NB: Information Technology courses applicants should have a pass in Mathematics with a C required for Digital Communication Technology and a D for Business Information Systems.
Stand Alone Programmes
The normal entry requirement to Stand Alone programmes shall be a Namibia Senior Secondary Certificate (Ordinary or Higher or a combination of both) or equivalent qualification(s), provided that the candidate has passed five subjects (including English at Grade D) normally in not more than three examination sittings with a minimum of 20 points on the IUM’s evaluation scale.
The normal entry requirement to the university’s Preparatory programmes shall be a Namibia Senior Secondary Certificate (Ordinary or Higher or a combination of both) or equivalent qualification(s), provided that the candidate has passed five subjects (including English at Grade D) normally in not more than three examination sittings with a minimum of 18 points on the IUM’s evaluation scale
Mature Age Entry Requirements
- 25 years old, 3 years relevant working experience & Grade 10 Certificate.
- Prospective applicants should pass the entry Aptitude Test of IUM.
IUM Admission Scale
|Points||NSSC (HIGHER)||NSSC (O)||HG||SG||ANGOLAN||A Levels|
- Application forms are available at IUM Campuses.
- Also application forms can be downloaded here – download Application form
The application deadline shall be the end of October of each year.
- Bank Name : Bank Windhoek
- Beneficiary Name: IUM-Book Fund
- Branch Name : Kudu Branch, Windhoek
- Branch Code : 482172
- Account Number : 3000338051
NB: Please ensure that the student Name/Number is clearly indicated on the deposit slip and a copy must be provided or Faxed to (061) 257908.
- All students [Non-degree, Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Research must register each year in January/February.
- Postgraduate Research Students shall be supervised ONLY if they are registered.
Attach the following:
The following documents must included in the application:
- Two copies of certified grade 12 (Grade 10 for mature entry )
- Copy of Birth Certificate, ID or Passport
- One Passport size photo
- Reference letter from the employer indicating years of work experience and responsibilities.
- Non – Namibian qualifications must be evaluated by the Namibia Qualifications Authority (NQA).
- Applicants seeking exemptions for prior studies should apply before registration.
- All copies submitted with application form must be certified.
- Candidates who obtain a Grade E in English shall be admitted provisionally until they pass the university’s six-months to one year Upgrade course in English in Practice.
- Please refer to the faculty of your choice for any special entry requirements.
Use the contact information below for support
IUM Dorado (Head Office):
21-31 Hercules Street
Private Bag: 14005 Bachbrecht
Tel: 061-433 6000
Fax: 061-433 6152
IUM Windhoek City Campus:
59 Banhhof Street
Private Bag: 14005 Bachbrecht
Tel: 061 245 150
Fax: 061 248 112
IUM Ongwendiva Campus:
opp Mweshipandeka ss
PO Box 2775 Oshakati
:065 230 145/065 230 149
Fax: 065 230 159
IUM Nkurenkuru Campus:
Near Nkurenkuru Service Station
PO Box 6038 Nkurenkuru
Tel: 066 264 957
Fax: 061-433 6152
IUM Swakopmund Campus:
PO Box 3303 Vineta
Tel: 064 400 106
Fax: 064 400 106
IUM Walvisbay Campus:
Pelican Mall, Cnr./O Sam Nuyoma Avenue & Getrud Kandanga Road
PO box 346 Walvis Bay
Tel: 064 206 647
Fax: 064 206 647