- Advertisement -
Communications Practitioner Wanted for Immediate Employment – Letshego Jobs 2017
Friday, November 10, 2017
Location of the Job:
Purpose of role
1) To implement LHN’s communications strategy in line with business goals and objectives
2) To establish and execute best in class communication campaign streams to catalyse and accelerate business development initiatives.
- Proactively manage the reputation of Letshego Holdings Namibia across external media channels
- Manage media queries (Print, TV, Radio and social media) to ensure positive media coverage
- Monitoring of media coverage and competitor reviews
- Increase social media and website presence and usage. Ensure processes, FAQ and communication policies of social media are distributed to employees
- Communication campaigns – Regular and periodic Thought leadership presence
- Position Letshego CEO’s & lead spokesperson externally on national issues with accurate messaging framework (Letshego Message House)
- Identify and motivate the approval of SSI initiatives in line with our SSI policy
- Manage budget for SSI initiatives
- Source content for monthly newsletter via different platforms.
- Monitor national developments and facilitate internal messaging via LetsConnect email group
- Ensure effective use of website, intranet and social media to achieve business and communication targets. Share content and monthly metrics with Internal Communications, Marketing Consultants & Digital Media teams for integrated communications delivery.
- Draft speeches for sponsorship and stakeholder engagement events. Ensure all business units are aligned with communications process and ensure consistency of messaging
- Conduct surveys or focus groups to research and advise on pertinent business matters
- Collate and formulate Annual Reports
- Enhance and manage Letshego Customer Complaints processes in line with internal policies and procedures
- Advertisement -
- Assist with annual stakeholder engagement events (Annual results release, improving lives campaign, media engagement etc.)
- Ensure continuous media relationship initiatives. Provide innovative ideas of engagement platforms to increase relationship and positive coverage through media
- Network and build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders (maintain a register of key contacts/stakeholders)
Thinking Requirements and Working Complexity:
1) Ability to analyse and monitor solution related performance indicators from a communications standpoint within the context of the Group’s Strategic plans.
2) Ability to devise ‘lessons learnt’ approach to communications initiatives to incrementally develop and refine best practice standards
3) Ability to develop a good working relations with management (and other levels) for a smooth running of the business but at the same time must demonstrate the authority and courage to challenge the status quo when necessary.
Knowledge and Experience Required of Job Holder:
1) Degree or Diploma in Communications or related field
2) A thorough understanding of retail segments with emphasis on the bottom of the pyramid.
3) At least 2 years’ experience in strategic and/or marketing communications
4) Excellent oral and written communication skills and presentation ability.
5) Proven team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
6) Ability to build relationships with the internal and external stakeholders.
7) Knowledge and interest in current affairs is essential
8) Deep knowledge of media industry and retail consumer markets in general.
Job holder should seek to develop strong relationships with those performing a similar role at peer group businesses/banks and to join any appropriate industry forums that will enhance job performance and understanding. Multi-cultural awareness and the ability to interact with a wide range of differing levels and sectors of society, social and business, is an essential characteristic of the person holding this position.
- Advertisement -