Headstart Montessori Teacher Training College 2022/2023 Admission Guidelines
Prospective students should be a minimum of 18 years of age and have a Grade 12 certificate with proficiency in English. There may be a case for prospective students to receive Recognition of Prior Learning or Life Experience if they do not fulfil the entry requirements.
Prospective students must submit the following together with a completed application form:
- A certified copy of a birth certificate (if not a Namibian this must be accompanied by a study visa)
- A certified copy of a Namibian identity document
- 2 passport photos
- Proof of payment of the course deposit is given
- Signed course payment agreement.
- Certified copies of school transcripts.
Upon successful application the student is assigned a trainer who they may contact via mail, fax, phone or e-mail if advice or assistance is required.
Rules and Regulations for Applications
Due to the increasing popularity of Headstart it has been decided that the following will happen:
- When people apply for registration, they must receive a prospectus BEFORE they come for an interview. These can be e-mailed, collected or posted.
- Registration for new, year one students only to be done in Walvis Bay, in person, by appointment from September to mid-November.
- Registration interviews will be conducted by Ms Jill van Eeden and/or Dr Lindsay van den Berg.
- Interviews must be booked, but can be on a Saturday if there is no seminar or workshop happening. Up to 5 students can be booked at the same time.
- Registration for next year opens in September.
- When registration is completed and the deposit is paid all books and material will be given and signed for.
- The registration fees MUST be paid at time of interview or no registration, this is why students must have read the prospectus and refund policy before they phone for an interview.
- The registration is not official until the registration fees are paid.
- Course fees are N$9,500: the deposit is N$5,000 followed by five payments of N$900 – there are no exceptions for new students.
- After November no late applications will be entertained.
» Download the application form
» Download the Headstart College Student Handbook 2020
» Download the entrance requirements