How to Register A Company in Namibia
What is a registered Company?
A company register is a register of organizations in the jurisdiction they operate under. A statistical business register has a different purpose than a company register.
Where and how to register a company in Namibia
To register a company in Namibia, you need to visit the ministry of finance to register for your VAT and the company tax, the ministry of home affair for your work permit, the ministry of labour and the social security commission. You can also go to any of these ministries to register for your company. It takes the minimum of 6month for your company to be registered.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which documents are required for company registration in Namibia?
- Election Card or Voter Identity Card.
- Ration Card.
- Driving License.
- Electricity Bill.
- Telephone Bill.
- Aadhaar Card.
How do I start a business in Namibia?
- Step 1: Establishing a legal entity in Namibia.
- Step 2: Registration with the relevant authorities.
- Step 3: Making taxable supplies exceeding N$500,000.
- Step 4: Employing people in Namibia.
- Step 5: Payments made to Non-Residents.
- Step 6: Other considerations.
Where can I register my business in Namibia?
- the Ministry of Finance (registration for VAT and Company Tax)
- the Ministry of Labour.
- the Ministry of Home Affairs (work permits, visas, etc.)
- the Social Security Commission.
How long does it take to register a business in Namibia?
How long does it take to register a Trademark in Namibia? Trademark registration process takes minimum 6 month.
Can you register a company and not trade in Namibia?
A dormant company is simply a company that is ‘not trading’, so if you register your company under your chosen name and don’t start trading right away, you can leave it in its dormant state.
What is meant by registered company in Namibia?
A registered company is an organisation which is formed and registered with the appropriate statutory authority of the country as a ‘company or corporation’ in accordance with the corporate and securities law of that country.
How do I get a work visa for Namibia?
- A signed and completed application form.
- A passport that’s valid for at least three months beyond the projected expiration of the work permit.
- Two passport photographs.
- A letter from the employing company in Namibia.
How do I register a SME in Namibia?
- Copy of Company Registration Certificate.
- Social Security Commission Good Standing Certificate not older than 3 months.
- VAT Good Standing Certificate not older than 3 months.
- Certified Copies of IDs of all members/owners of the Company .
What is the best business in Namibia?
- Roadside Fast Food Corner: This is an old tried and tested business.
- Office Supply.
- Rice Farming.
- Website Designing.
- Internet Business.
- Snail Rearing.
- Poultry Farming.
What do you need to start a business in Namibia?
- Conduct market research. Market research will tell you if there’s an opportunity to turn your idea into a successful business.
- Write your business plan.
- Fund your business.
- Pick your business location.
- Choose a business structure.
- Choose your business name.
- Register your business.
- Get federal and state tax IDs.
What are bodies of registration in Namibia?
Registering Body means the Qualifications Authority or a body responsible for registering persons as registered training organisations under a corresponding law; Sample 1.
Does registering a company protect the name in Namibia?
Registering a company name does not automatically protect it by trade mark law. Similarly, if you register a trade mark, you may not necessarily be able to register it as a limited company name. Companies House registers companies and the Intellectual Property Office registers trade marks.
Is it easy to register a company in Namibia?
Registering your business with Companies House is easy. You can either do this directly via the Companies House web incorporation service or by filing a paper application. You could also choose to go via your accountant or you could use the professional services of a formations agent.
What happens after you register a company in Namibia?
After registration your company must within two months issue each shareholder with a Share certificate. A share certificate is evidence of each shareholder’s title to their shares. Shareholders can use their certificate as evidence if their name is deleted from the company’s internal Register of Members.
How do I start a small loan company in Namibia?
- Choose a Niche.
- Find Financing for Your Business.
- Register the Business.
- Obtain the Correct Licensing.
- Understanding Regulatory Bodies.
- Establish Your Lending Guidelines and Financing.