The Namibia College Of Open Learning (NAMCOL) 2021 Job Opportunities
The Namibian College of Open Learning is an educational institution established by an Act of Parliament that provides courses for adults and out-of-school youth. We are committed to providing wider access to quality educational services for our learners and other customers using a variety of open learning methods.
The College invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to perform duties as Online Facilitators, TUTOR-MARKER, LANGUAGE EDITORS and MODERATORS ON A PART-TIME BASIS FOR THE TERTIARY PROGRAMMES LISTED BELOW:
Available Job Openings
CERTIFICATE IN LOCAL GOVERNMENT STUDIES (CLGS)
CERTIFICATE IN BUSINESS AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP (CBE) L5
CERTIFICATE IN EDUCATION FOR DEVELOPMENT (CED) NQF L4 (WINDHOEK & ONGWEDIVA)
CERTIFICATE IN EARLY CHILDHOOD DEVELOPMENT (CECD) NQF L5 (PRINT AND ONLINE)
CERTIFICATE IN ENGLISH COMMUNICATION (CEC) NQF L3 OFFERED FULLY ONLINE
DIPLOMA IN EDUCATION FOR DEVELOPMENT (DED) NQF L6 (WINDHOEK & ONGWEDIVA)
DIPLOMA IN EARLY CHILDHOOD AND PRE-PRIMARY EDUCATION (DECPPE) NQF L7
CERTIFICATE IN COMMUNITY BASED WORK WITH CHILDREN AND YOUTH (CWCY) NQF L4
DIPLOMA IN YOUTH DEVELOPMENT WORK (DYD) NQF L6
DIPLOMA IN SIGN LANGUAGE INTERPRETING (WINDHOEK ONLY)
BACHELOR OF ARTS: YOUTH AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT (BAYD) NQF L 7 (WINDHOEK, ONGWEDIVA)
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN OPEN SCHOOL OPERATIONS AND MANAGEMENT NQF L8 (PDOSOM) – OFFERED FULLY ONLINE
DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS ENTREPRENEURSHIP (DBE) (WINDHOEK)
Only applicants residing in Windhoek, Oshakati, Ondangwa, Ongwediva, Rehoboth, Katima Mulilo, Rundu and Okahandja
• will be considered for these positions. The College offers attractive remuneration. Interested applicants who meet the
A Master Degree, plus two (2) years experience in the relevant discipline; OR Honours Degree plus three (3) years
experience in the relevant discipline.
• Background in the field of open and distance education.
• Excellent command of the English Language.
• Proficiency in Computer Literacy.
i) Tutor Markers
• Setting assignments and examination papers.
• Marking assignments and examination scripts.
• Compiling tutorial letters.
•Conducting face-to-face sessions during workshops.
• Attending training workshops in Windhoek, Ongwediva, Katima Mulilo and Rundu.
• Moderating set assignments and examination papers.
iii) Language Editors
• proofreading and editing of the print-based/electronic-based content to the satisfaction and approval of NAMCOL.
iv) Online Facilitators
•Engaging with students to present open questions.
•Weaving together discussions and stirring the discussions forward to develop and deepen the student’s learning
• Moderating marked assignments and examination scripts.
• Promoting community learning opportunities.
• and social learning skills.
•Grading and providing feedback manually and/or online.
minimum requirements of these positions must provide resumes and cover letters highlighting their professional background.
The documentation in support of the application should contain the following:
•Certified copies of all educational and professional qualifications.
•Work Permit (If not a Namibian citizen).
•Names and contact details of at least two referees.
(061) 320 5281/5343/5352/5370/5353
Persons with disabilities, women and persons from marginalized communities are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications must be done online on the following
Due Date: 27 October 2021
No documents will be returned and no faxed/emailed applications will be accepted. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, those who have not been contacted by 30 November 2021, should consider their applications unsuccessful.
Website – www.namcol.edu.na
TAKING EDUCATION TO THE PEOPLE