Join the NIA
- There are a number of benefits to enrolling as a member of the Namibia Institute of Architects, some of which are listed below. It is also a requirement to be enrolled as a member of the NIA when registering as a professional architect with Namibia Council for Architects and Quantity Surveyors.
- Members uphold to the public a high standard of architectural ethics, integrity and professional services.
- Support the promotion of Architectural Studies through the NIA Bursary Fund.
- Support the continued development of the Architectural Profession within Namibia, Africa.
- Members remain current through Continued Professional Development courses offered.
- Access to a voice within the Building Industry, protecting the rights of our Architectural Members.
- Access to Namibia Architecture Awards of Merit hosted by the Namibia Institute of Architects.
- Access to NIA Lifetime Achievement Awards.
- Access to building Industry good practice contractual documents, at a reduced fee.
- Access to local social events, stimulating interaction among local Professionals.
- Access to obtain copies of Government Gazettes, held at the NIA Offices.
- Electronic communication with our members on a regular basis.
- A dedicated committee and friendly and efficient administrative staff.
- All NIA corporate members, architects-in-training and architectural practices are listed on the NIA website.
- Organising & facilitation of CPD and other topical workshops and forums.
Each corporate member active in private practice is considered by the NIA as part of a practice and as per paragraph 5.7 of the NIA Constitution practice levies are due.
Practice levies will be charged per person within the practice involved in the production of architectural drawings or layouts.Administrative staff is excluded in the calculation of the practice levies, however interior designers and or any other people assisting in drawings are.
Of the practice levies, 30% (thirty percent) will be allocated to the NIA bursary fund.
Individual Members Levy 2017:
Enrolling As A Member Of The NIA
Registration fee for 2017 is N$350.00 per application.
Forms are printed in A3 format and cannot be e-mailed, we can however send you the document or you are welcome to collect:
Office hours: Monday to Friday: 07h30-12h30
Yearly membership fees: as prescribed by Department of Works annuallyPlease complete form in full and have Commissioner of Oaths stamp form.
We require that you give us the following documentation:
1. Letter confirming employment at registered Namibian Practice
2. Copy of Namibian Identity document or passport
3. Foreigners: copy of work permit
4. Copy of qualification
To register as a professional architect and the route to registration, kindly contact the Namibia Council for Architects and Quantity Surveyors at:
8 Koch Street
Klein Windhoek, Windhoek
PO Box 90947, Klein Windhoek
Tel: 061 401813
Fax: 061 401814