Namibian College Of Open Learning (NAMCOL) Pre-Entry to Tertiary Education Programme (PETE) Application
Objectives of this programme
This programme aims to give learners the opportunity to rewrite specific NSSC (O/H) subjects and improve their competencies to levels which will enable them to gain admission into tertiary institutions, and be able to cope with curricula demands at tertiary level.
Candidates are required to submit their applications at NAMCOL’s regional and sub regional offices. The selection process will involve preliminary screening of applications and the administration of aptitude tests.
- at least an E symbol in the four target subjects;
- should be prepared to write an aptitude test.
- Proof of identity ID document (Namibian ID or passport, NAMCOL learner ID,birth certificate)- please submit original documents
- Original Gr. 12 certificate for the most recent examination you sat (certified copies of documents are not acceptable)
- N$ 90.00 (non-refundable registration fee per learner)
- N$ 290.00 (for each subject)
- NAMCOL Head Office (Yetu Yama Centre,Katutura)
- NAMCOL Northern Regional Office (Ongwediva)
NAMCOL North-Eastern Regional Office(Rundu)
NAMCOL Central Regional Office (Otjiwarongo)
Jetu Jama: English 2nd Language, Mathematics, Biology (Ordinary and Higher), Physical Science (Ordinary and Higher), Accounting (Ordinary and Higher),
Economics (Ordinary and Higher) and Business Studies (Ordinary and Higher).
Rundu: English 2nd Language, Physical Science, Rukwangali.
Otjiwarongo: English 2nd Language, Physical Science, Biology and Mathematics (All Ordinary level).
Ongwediva: English 2nd Language, Mathematics, Biology, Physical Science, Economics, Business Studies and Accounting (All Ordinary level)
Learners who are selected for the programme,qualify for the following services:
- Orientation Workshops
- Copy of the NAMCOL Good Study Guide
- NAMCOL Study Materials
- Face-to-Face Tutorials (5 hours per week in each subject)
- Tutor-Marked Assignments
- Examination Booklets
- Self-Supervised Study Groups and Study Halls
- Study-Related Counselling/Coaching
- HIV and AIDS Programme
- Access to Services at NAMCOL Resource Centres
- Short Message Sending (SMS)
- Basic Computer Skills Course
- Educational Radio Programmes.