Namibia University of Science and Technology (NUST) Centre for Enterprise Development (CED) helps Disable Persons access Skills
The Centre for Enterprise Development (CED) in partnership with the National Disability Council of Namibia (NDCN), is currently conducting entrepreneurship training for persons with disabilities. The sessions are focused on business idea generation and operating successful and profitable businesses.
Tjiueza Tjombumbi, the Head of Research at NDCN said: “Persons with disabilities in the rural areas find it difficult to find opportunities that help in sharpening their skills. This is why a decision was taken to conduct this particular training in towns such as Gobabis. Our plan is to roll-out these opportunities to all corners of the country.”
Twenty participants took part in the six-month training, with an additional period for mentoring and coaching offered to the successful participants. The initiative was made possible through the financial support of the NamPower Development Fund and the Development Bank of Namibia.
In 2012 the NDCN and NUST signed a Memorandum of Understanding, which provides capacity-building initiatives to people with disabilities to equip them with the necessary skills to run successful businesses and make meaningful contributions to the local economy.
- Job Opportunities at the NSFAF
- Welwitchia University 2023 March Intake Alert (APPLY NOW!)
- 2023 Lecturer Jobs in Namibia (WHTC)
- COTA 2023 Intake
- NSFAF 2023 Application (Namibia Student Funds)
- NAMCOL January 2023 TVET Intake
- NIMT 2023 March Intake – Namibia
- NIMT 2023 March Intake & Special Intake 2023
- Tulipohamba Institute 2023 Intake (Free Application &…