The 2019 Late Registration of the Namibia University of Science and Technology NUST has been Extended
Final selection is a process whereby the best candidates for each programme are selected. Applicants must present themselves with their final results for final selection or run the risk of forfeiting their places in the programme. All first year (full- and part-time) students must attend as indicated in the schedule below. Applicants who applied to study through Distance Education, Mature Age Applicants and international applicants need not attend the final selection, unless it is indicated so in the admission letter.
• School leaving certificate or statement of results, other qualifications obtained and identity document (Namibian
students) or Passport (International students) International Applicants
• Qualification evaluation by Namibian Qualifications Authority (NQA), unless the qualification has been obtained
in a SADC member state.
• Valid / approved student permit or visa. Application forms can be obtained from the Ministry of Home Affairs and
Immigration at http://www.mha.gov.na.
• Deposit on Tuition Fees (including a non-refundable registration fee of N$1 600); N$4 200 (for undergraduate
and honours degrees); N$8 400 (for master and doctorate degrees).
• Deposit on Residence Fees: N$4 200 (including refundable breakage fee of N$1 120).
• Selected students may pay these fees directly into the NUST bank account: Account number: 55500126319,
First National Bank, Ausspannplatz Branch, Branch Code: 281872.
• Please ensure that your valid student number is entered in the reference block.
• Speed Point facilities will be available for payment by credit or debit card.
• All NSFAF loan applicants must pay the required deposit, claimable once the loan has been approved and paid by
the Ministry of Education – new students only.
• Windhoek: Auditorium 1, NUST Lower Campus
• Regional Distance Education Students will register at
their respective Regional Centres
Other Important Notices
• COMPULSORY VACATION SCHOOL – ALL DISTANCE EDUCATION STUDENTS
All students registered for the following courses through distance mode must attend the compulsory vacation
Business Applications 1A, 2A and 3A: 04 to 07 February 2019
Computerised Accounting: 28 to 31 January 2019
• POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES (NEW STUDENTS)
All admitted postgraduate applicants may register any day as from 08:00 – 16:00 from 21 to 29 January 2019, preferably on the registration date of the Faculty to which you have applied.
• LATE REGISTRATION: 30 January to 15 Feb 2019
Auditorium 1, NUST Lower Campus.
• ORIENTATION: 02 to 05 February 2019
• Auditorium 1, NUST Lower Campus
• TIMETABLES can be downloaded from the NUST website: http://www. nust.na/?q=timetables.
• CLASSES COMMENCE: Wednesday, 06 February 2019
Office of the Registrar: Admissions
T: +264 61 207 2056