Namibia University of Science and Technology NUST Graduation Ceremony Procedure
Applicable to 3-year diploma, degree and postgraduate candidates only.
1. The NUST does not provide gowns and mortar boards (head gear) to graduates. All Graduates must Obtain the gowns and mortar boards from private suppliers as soon as possible. You will not be allowed to graduate without a gown.
You may contact any of the following suppliers: Tobies at 238897, C. Schimming at 0811247131 or Conzya Trading Enterprises at 0816805978, Graduation Outfitters at 0813090920 and All Nation Fashion Design 0812897399.
2. Academic Hoods in the colour of the Faculty concerned are available at NUST Assets and Stores Section (next to Boys’ Hostel). Graduates must pay a deposit of N$200-00 at the Cashier upon collecting the hood. N$100.00 will be refunded upon return Of the hood in its original State. Graduates Will have time to return such Hoods until 31 MAY 2019.
3. You are encouraged to arrive early at the Safari Hotel and Conference Centre and will be admitted in the venue from 07HOO. A card, inscribed with your name, qualification and Seat number, will be handed to you.
4. Those Who arrive at 08H30 or later will not be allowed to enter the graduation hall; they will receive their qualifications in absentia.
5. Candidates who are in debt with the NUST Will not be allowed to graduate. The deadline for payment Of outstanding debt is 18 APRIL 2019. Candidates, who pay their debts after this deadline, Will not receive their qualifications at the graduation ceremony, but may attend the ceremony. Only when confirmation of payment is submitted to the Examinations Department by the Finance Department will your qualifications be forwarded for printing.
6. You are kindly requested not to smoke whilst wearing the academic dress, before, during or after the graduation ceremony.
7. Taking Of photographs shall NOT be allowed during the graduation ceremony.
8. You and your guests should rise When the procession enters the hall. No one should resume her/his seat until the Registrar gives the signal to do so.
9. When the ceremony comes to an end, the congregation must rise and remain standing until the procession has left the hall.
10. When the qualifications are about to be conferred, the Dean concerned will present the candidates, as per the qualification obtained by reading the qualification names from the Graduation Programme.
11. Immediately after the Dean has informed the Vice-Chancellor that he will introduce the qualification for which you obtained the diploma or degree, the following procedure will be followed:
11.1. Candidates whose names appear on the list in the graduation programme for 3 -year diplomas and degrees, will rise from their seats as directed by the Faculty Officer. Hand your name card to the Dean, who will read your name. After your name has been read, the card will be returned to you. Walk across the stage and exit the hall using the door on the right hand side Of the stage party. DO NOT shake hands with the stage party.
Procedures for candidates to receive Honours degrees, Postgraduate certificates or diplomas:
11.2. Hand your name card to the Dean, who will read your name. After your name has been read, the card will be returned to you.
11.3. Walk across the stage, shake the hand of the Vice-Chancellor and the President, if present, and kneel on the stool in front of the Chair of Council who will touch her bonnet to your head.
11.4. Walk down the stairs. The Examinations Officer, seated at a table near the stage, will hand you your qualification and you will return to your seat.
Procedures for candidates to receive Master and Doctoral degrees:
11.5. Hand your name card to the Dean, who will read your name. After your name has been read, the card will be returned to you.
11.6. Walk across the stage, shake the hand of the Vice-Chancellor and the President, if present, and kneel On the stool in front of the Chair of Council who will touch her bonnet to your head. Facing the audience, hand your Hood to the Registrar who will place the Hood over your head onto your shoulders signifying your success in completing the postgraduate programme.
11.7. Walk down the stairs. The Examinations Officer, seated at a table near the stage, will hand you your qualification and you will return to your seat.
12. VERY IMPORTANT:
22.1. No cell phones and cameras must be taken inside the venue.Please hand in the items at the Campus Control Combi at the venue prior to the ceremony.
12.2. Excessive noise, shouting and whistling are strictly prohibited. Voice-amplifying instruments such as whistles will not be allowed inside the graduation hall.
Attached Document[embeddoc url=”http://namibiahub.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/GRADUATION-ATTENDANCE-FORM-PDF.pdf” download=”all”]