University of Namibia (UNAM) MSc Microbiology Course on offer 2019
The Department of Biological Sciences, in the Faculty of Science at the University of Namibia is pleased to announce the 3rd intake of the Masters of Science programme starting in February 2019. This interdisciplinary programme provides advanced educational opportunities for students pursuing research and professional careers.
SPECIALISATION/MAIN TOPIC SELECTION:
- Food Microbiology
- Biomedical Microbiology
- Environmental Microbiology
MODE OF INSTRUCTION:
- The two-year Master’s programme is sub-divided into two (2) parts: One (1) year of class work and one (1) year research work.
- Modules are presented through lectures, laboratory sessions, workshops and seminars.
- The course is taught in English.
- A Bachelor’s of Science (Hons) or equivalent University degree in one of the relevant disciplines (e.g. Microbiology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Food Science, and Veterinary Sciences) at NQF Level 8.
- Applicants must have attained a minimum average of 60% for their undergraduate degree.
- For students whose first language is not English, evidence of proficiency in English is required.
- The Master’s programme is subject to a tuition fees.
- Applications should be done via the Online Application only, on the UNAM website: www.unam.edu.na/apply-to-unam/2019
- Applicants must include certified copies of their Academic Transcripts.
- Undergraduate degrees not obtained from the University of Namibia should submit an NQA evaluation at Level 8.
Application deadline: 07 September 2018
For application, registration, course details and any additional information, please contact:
Ms Julia Chaka Faculty Officer: Postgraduate Studies Tel: +264 61) 206 4615 Email: email@example.com
Dr J.D. Uzabakiriho Programme Coordinator Tel: +264 61 2063736 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org