Namibia University of Science and Technology Vice-Chancellor Job Vacancy 2019
NUST, located in the heart of Windhoek. is Namibia’s premier
technological University. known knowledge creation through
innovation and entrepreneurship,
The Vice-chancellor is the Chief Executive Officer of the University:
who provides institutional leadership and oversight by developing and driving the mission, strategies, and advancement of the university as a
premier science and technology institution.
The successful candidate must hold a Doctorate in the Science,
Technology, Engineering or Mathematics fields from an internationally recognized University with at least ten years of experience in a senior executive leadership role at the level of Dean or above in an academic institution Or, at the C-Suite level (CEO, CFO, etc) in an entity of a similar size and complexity. The candidate must have a global and local outlook with financial, stewardship, diplomatic and communication skills to represent the University at the local and international level, as well proven track record of executive management, leadership, and people management skills.
Key Performace Areas
The Vice-chancellor carries the following responsibilities:
- Provide academic. administrative, strategic and transformational leadership to the University in line with the principles enshrined in the NUST Act, Statutes, Policies, Rules and Regulation.
- Promote and maintain good governance in the University; guard its institutional autonomy, as well as freedom of inquiry and expression.
- Analyze and articulate the University-s Strategic vision and lead the creation and implementation of systems and policies In compliance with the University’s strategic and policy frameworks.
- Guide the executive leadership team and staff in the executive and responsible operation of the University.
- Oversee strategic budgeting and financial control (capital, research, and general expenditure).
- Represent the University as its public persona in the media, with government and all other stakeholders.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview and to elucidate the following: sound Knowledge and understanding of the key challenges and opportunities in a fast-changing higher education environment in Namibia and globally, and a clear vision for positioning NUST as a credible university with global standing.
Term of Office
Five (5) years with the eligibility of reappointment based on satisfactory performance.
Ms Riétte Ouvenhage
T: +264 61 207
Applications may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
On e-mail applications, please enter the title of the position in the subject line.
All foreign qualifications must be validated by the NQA.
Closing date: 31 May 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.No document will be returned. The normal retirement age is 65 years
Download or view more information on the image below