The Namibian College Of Open Learning (NAMCOL) 2023 Tertiary Programme Intake
These are distance education study programmes, and students are supported through contact sessions. Orientation workshops will be conducted at the beginning of each term. During these workshops, students will receive their study materials, as well as the course outline for that specific term or year. Contact sessions through vacation workshops will be held during the course of the year.
Method of Application:
Application forms can be obtained at any NAMCOL office or downloaded from the link provided below.
Refer to the admission requirements under each programme..However, prospective students who do not meet the requirements for the following programmes: CED, CECD, CLGS and CWCY might be considered for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) in accordance with NAMCOL’s RPL policy. Registration fees are non-refundable in all the programmes.
All The Programmes:
- Certificate in Education for Development(CED)
- Certificate in Early Childhood Development (CECD)
- Certificate in Local Government Studies (CLGS)
- Certificate in Community Based Work with Children and Youth (CWCY)
- Diploma in Education for Development (DED)
- Diploma in Sign Language Intrepreting (DSLI)
- Diploma in Community Based Work with Children and Youth (DWCY)
- Diploma in Youth and Community Development (DYCD)
- Bachelor of Arts in Youth Development Work (BYD)
- Certificate in Business and Entrepreneurship (CBE)
- Certificate in English Communications (CEC)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Open School Operation and Management (PDOSOM)
- Diploma in Business and Entrepreneurship (DBE)
- Bachelor of Education(Honours) in Early Childhood Development and Pre-Primary – B.Ed(Hons) ECD & PP
- Master of Arts in Youth and Community Development – MAYCD
When Can You Apply for NAMCOL 2023 Intake?
Prospective students can apply from 1 June 2023.
Closing Date For Applications: 18 August 2023.
22023 NAMCOL Application Form & Guidelines
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE COMPLETION OF THE FORM
- Complete the form in BLOCK LETTERS with black ink.
- A non-refundable application fee of N$150 must accompany the application form.
- This application must be accompanied by certified copies of birth certificate or identity card, relevant academic
certificates, latest school results.
- Payments can only be done through direct bank deposit (please attach proof of payment).
- Please do not send cash.
- Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
- The forms must be submitted at NAMCOL centres or posted before 18 August 2023.
- Hand delivered applications should be submitted before or on 18 August 2023.
- Successful candidates will be notified via post.
- Late application will NOT be accepted.
NAMCOL 2023 Application Form Download
Method of Payment
Sponsored students must provide proof from their sponsors that the fees will be paid for them.
Other Students/Non-sponsored Students. Students must pay N$ 2690 for the first semester and N$2000 for semester 2. The balance can be paid in full or installments can be arranged, but on condition that the last installment is paid on or before 30 May of each year.
Information on student loans and grants can be accessed here
NOTE: You are not allowed to register for more than one programme during a particular academic year.