Audit & Assurance Manager Vacancy at Deloitte Namibia Closing 18th March 2021
Manager | Audit & Assurance | Walvis Bay
- Jan Jonker St, Windhoek, Namibia
- Closing Date: 18 March 2021
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
Deloitte has been operating in Namibia since 1959 and has grown to be recognized as a leader in professional services locally and regionally. The Deloitte in Namibia is dedicated to providing Audit & Assurance, Tax, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Consulting services to clients across multiple industries in the private and public sectors. Our client service teams combine local knowledge from Deloitte in Namibia with deep expertise from Deloitte’s international network in more than 150 countries. With 125 professionals in Namibia, our integrative approach delivers keen insights and industry knowledge to clients.
Our extensive service spectrum of auditing, tax consulting, business consulting and corporate finance consulting enables us to help clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. Deloitte invests in outstanding people of diverse talents and backgrounds and empowers them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
The Audit Department is looking for a talented Namibian to join them on a reduced portfolio basis as an Audit Manager in Walvis Bay.
- Provide financial management support
- Accounting and problem resolution
- Project management
- Management of financial processes, policies and procedures
- Talent and performance management of team (including counselling and feedback)
- Office Supervision and overall audit management
- Risk Management
- Budgets – planning, monitoring and execution
- Firm wide involvement to ensure maximising human capital capacity
- Build and maintain extensive client interaction and relationships with the view to develop an ongoing clients base in all sectors
- Responsible for management and control of administration in relation to client portfolio
- Identify winning business opportunities at clients and potential clients
- General management responsibilities as required
- CA (Nam) or ACCA
- Knowledge and understanding of Deloitte audit methodology and engagement management systems (EMS) would be advantageous
- Strong financial accounting/management experience
- Excellent business knowledge
- Ability to “see the bigger picture” – see how Deloitte and the Business Unit service lines can be used by client
- Identify opportunities for business
- Well-developed computer skills
- Up-to-date knowledge with current practice legislation
- Experience in other services would be an added advantage
- Running audits, experience with group audits would be a distinct advantage
- Knowledge regarding global financial news, global business related trends, and ability to apply this knowledge to client situations
- Strong professional business acumen and insight to be an effective business advisor to clients
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills and strong team player
- Ability to take the lead in group administration and manage your team
- Excellent supervisory, time management and problem solving skills
- Excellent project/engagement management skills
- Ability to handle pressure – high level of resilience and exceptional sense of integrity and ethical regard
Candidates should be fluent in English, have a valid drivers’ license and be willing to travel.
Closing Date: 18 March 2021