Tax Assistant Manager Vacant Position at Deloitte Namibia Closing 26th March, 2021
Tax Assistant Manager/Manager
- Jan Jonker St, Windhoek, Namibia
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
Deloitte has been operating in Namibia since 1959 and has grown to be recognized as a leader in professional services locally and regionally. The Deloitte in Namibia is dedicated to providing Audit & Assurance, Tax, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Consulting services to clients across multiple industries in the private and public sectors. Our client service teams combine local knowledge from Deloitte in Namibia with deep expertise from Deloitte’s international network in more than 150 countries. With 125 professionals in Namibia, our integrative approach delivers keen insights and industry knowledge to clients.
Our extensive service spectrum of auditing, tax consulting, business consulting and corporate finance consulting enables us to help clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. Deloitte invests in outstanding people of diverse talents and backgrounds and empowers them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
About the team:
The Tax Business Unit of Deloitte is looking for two talented Namibian candidates to join them as either Assistant Manager or Manager. The tax environment is complex and dynamic, which makes accurate and reliable professional advice on tax matters imperative. Our clients can rely on us to meet this need – and in a proactive manner.
Main Purpose of Job:
The overall aim is in delivery of services to / at client premises on delegated engagements / projects.
You will need to understand local/country-specific tax laws and regulations to determine their implications on clients; stay abreast of proposed legislation and evaluates proposed legislation; review proposed and existing client policies to confirm their alignment with current and proposed tax legislation; analyze and reviews data and uses team’s analysis to spot inconsistencies, discrepancies, and omissions in data and identify risks and issues and proposes solutions.
Key Performance Areas:
As an Assistant Manager/Manager you will be required to meet client commitments by:
- Managing and consulting to a portfolio of medium to large corporate clients which entails:
- Effectively organizing and presenting complex issues, results, and recommendations to project team and clients;
- Assisting clients to complete timely and accurate tax and financial filings;
- Understanding and interpreting applicable tax accounting standards;
- Planning audit and incorporating processes that enable identifying risks and developing audit procedures to address those identified risks;
- Designing, proposing, and working with clients to implement tax strategies that are consistent with clients’ strategic goals
- Winning business and growing the client base.
- Cross-selling Deloitte services (Tax and other Deloitte services).
- Extensive client liaison and engagement with related stakeholders (Ministry of Finance/Inland Revenue/Customs & Excise, etc.).
- Managing and developing our people.
- Managing and/or contributing to overall Deloitte office roles and functions.
- BComm (Acc); BComm (LLB); CA or other relevant degree, 4 – 5 years tax consulting experience
- Postgraduate qualification in Taxation (M Com) will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills;
- Good mentorship and coaching ability with desire to develop self and others;
- Strong client delivery focus;
- Adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease;
- Focus on quality and risk; and
- Sound problem solving ability.
Candidates should be fluent in English and have a valid drivers’ license. We are committed to establishing an environment of continuous learning and enriching career opportunities. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: 26 March 2021