Call for 2018 Nawa Journal of Language and Communication Articles
NAWA Journal of Language and Communication is published bi- annually by the Faculty of Human Sciences at Namibia University of Science and Technology. It is a peer-reviewed (double-blind) journal whose goal is to advance knowledge in human language, communication and literature. The journal publishes academic articles dealing
with practical research findings, pedagogical methodologies, critical analyses and theore-tical perspectives in language, literature and communication and related disciplines such as linguistics and information and communication technologies. NAWA journal encourages research without boundaries in languages, literature and communication and related areas.
NAWA Journal of Language and Communication
Volume 12, Number 1, June 2018
Guidelines for Contributors
1. Contributors must use British English.
2. All articles must be certified by a language editor prior to submission. A certificate should be attached to testify that language editing has been done.
3.Authors should strictly use the APA style of referencing.
4.Articles should be in English and between 4 000 and 6 000 words long. Book reviews should be between 800 and 1 200 words long.
5. Articles must have an abstract of not more than 250 words and followed by key words. The abstract has to be italicised.
6. All articles must be typed using Microsoft Word, Calibri, Font 11 and single spaced.
7. Authors are required to include biographical information in not more than 120 words. For the purpose of blind reviewing, the contributor’s identification will be removed.
8. Authors are urged to use language that communicates easily and to avoid the use of esoteric jargon.
9. Submission of articles and book reviews must be done as
10. Authors are kindly advised not to send articles or book reviews that have been accepted for publication or published elsewhere.
Deadline for submission has been revised – click here
Dr Juliet Sylvia Pasi
Editor-in-Chief, NAWA Journal of
Language and Communication (NJLC)
Department of Communication
13 Storch Street
Private Bag 13388
T: +264 61 207 2285