COSDEF Arts and Crafts Centre Namibia 2022/2023 Intake
COSDECs are Community Skills Development Centers, governed by an Advisory Board. The Board undergoes a selection process based on nominations from the local community.
They are responsible for supervising the Centre’s management and also liaise with the local community. The Advisory Board reports to COSDEF on a regular basis. The day-to-day running of a COSDEC is the responsibility of the Centre Manager.
How are the COSDECs Financed?
Although COSDEF is a registered Trust, the organisation still benefits from its close ties with the Ministry of Education since its inception. Currently 85% of each COSDECs funding comes directly from the Foundation. The Foundation’s budget is funded by the Ministry of Education through the Namibia Training Authority (NTA). Special projects are funded by various donor agencies, the private sector and individual sponsorships.
Each COSDEC is expected to generate 15% of their total yearly budget through own initiatives. Although the Centres may lobby for additional donor funds, the Centres are encouraged to set up “Production Units” linked to their training programs to generate own funds.
COSDEF Arts and Crafts Centre Namibia National Courses
- Jewellery Design & Manufacturing L2
- Jewellery Design & Manufacturing L3
- Fashion Design & Accessories L2
- Visual Art, Craft & Design L2
- Leather Craft & Design L2
- Graphic Design L2
COSDEF Arts and Crafts Centre Namibia Short Courses (3 months)
- Intro to Computer Graphics: Adobe Illustrator
- Intro to Computer Graphics: Adobe Photoshop
- Intro to Fashion Design: Beginners, Intermediate, Advanced
- Basic Leather Craft
COSDEF 2022/2023 Application Guide and Requirements
1. Fill in the areas on the application form using BLOCK LETTERS, with black ink.
2. By completing this form does not mean the applicant will automatically be enrolled
3. A Non-refundable application fee of N$ 60.00 in cash must accompany the application form. Attach all relevant certified supporting documents: Highest qualification obtained, Grade 10/12 or latest school leaving report, ID/ Birth certificate, etc.
4. Short courses are not listed on this application form. Contact the COSDEF Arts & Crafts Centre for more information.
5. The Starter Kit is included in the registration fee and it will remain with the trainee after completion of the course.
COSDEF 2022/2023 Application Form
ARTS & CRAFT APPLICATION FORM
ARTS & CRAFT JEWELLERY DESIGN APPLICATION FORM
COSDECs APPLICATION FORM
COSDEF Arts and Crafts Centre Namibia Contact Information
Centre Manager: Ms. Michelle //Inixas
Phone : +264-64- 406122
Fax : +264-64-406120
Email : email@example.com
Address : PO Box 4230 Vineta, Swakopmund
C/o Swakopmund Airport Road & B2/Sam Nujoma
Lüderitz Tel: +264 63 202 422
Gobabis Tel: +264 62 564 939
Ondangwa Tel: +264 65 241 220
Opuwo Tel: +264 65 273 322
Otjiwarongo Tel: +264 67 304 562
Rundu Tel: +264 66 256 889
Swakopmund Tel: +264 64 403 046
Tsumeb Tel: +264 67 222 557
Arts & Crafts Centre Tel: +264 64 406 122