The International University of Management (IUM) Special Examination 2020
The university will introduce Special Examinations for the first time in the academic year 2020.
Special Examinations are aimed at assisting students who have ONE SUBJECT ONLY to complete a qualification and graduate upon passing the exam from the new curriculum. This applies to subjects in the following qualifications:
Certificates, Diplomas, Bachelor degrees, Bachelor Honours degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas or at Master degrees.
All semester 1, 2 and year courses from the new curriculum are available on Special Examinations.
Special Examinations are also meant for HIV/AIDS Management students who have outstanding subjects at Certificate, Diploma year 1, or Degree year 1-2, to pass and clear the phased-out subjects.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Special exams are meant for:
1. Students who have only one outstanding subject to complete a Certificate, Diploma, Bachelor degree, Bachelor Honours degree, Postgraduate Diploma or a Master Degree.
2 HIV/AIDS Management students who have outstanding subjects at Certificate level, Diploma year 1, or Degree year 1-2 only.
WHO IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR SPECIAL EXAMS?
1 Students who do not fall within the categories listed above may NOT apply to write the Special Examinations.
2 Internship and Research Project are considered and counted as normal subjects. So, if you have
one theory subject outstanding and either internship or research project also outstanding, indicates that you have two subjects outstanding and therefore do not qualify for Special Examinations.
3. Students whose previous exam result in the outstanding subject was disqualified due to disciplinary issues.
4. Students who had never qualified to write exams before for the outstanding subject.
5. Students with outstanding subjects from the old curriculum.
The Special Examination Application form is available for download on the university’s website (www.ium.edu.na). No forms will be available at the Reception desks.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS
1 Special Examination Application starts on 1 April 2020 and ends on 05 June 2020. Forms submitted after the due date will not be accepted.
2. From the 1st April 2020 until 4th May 2020, completed application forms must strictly be submitted online to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Hard copy applications can be submitted at the Admission Office, at any campus from the 5th May 2020 until the last day of application on the 5th of June 2020. Soft Copy applications can also be send to the above mentioned email address until the last day of application.
4. The following documents must be attached to the application forms:
(a) Proof of payments of the application fee,
(b) Full academic record (available on your student portal).
5. Applicants will be notified by the Admissions Office whether they qualify or not to sit for the Special Examinations.
SPECIAL EXAMINATION FEES
1 Application Fee
- An application fee of N$100-00 is payable per application.
- Students are encouraged to pay, either through direct cash deposit or EFT, directly into the
• Bank Name: Bank Windhoek
• Beneficiary Name: IUM-Book Fund
• Branch Name: Kudu Branch, Windhoek
• Branch Code: 482172
• Account Number: 3000338051
NB: Please use “SE + your Student Number” as reference (without any space) and attached the Proof of Payment onto the application form. Example: SE150000025
Payments can also be made at the Cashier at any IUM campus from the 5th May 2020 until the 5th June 2020.
2 Special Examination fees
The Special Examination fees for 2020 are as follows:
N$950-00 for Undergraduate subjects (Certificates, Diplomas, Bachelors and Bachelor Honours)
N$1500-00 for Postgraduate subjects (Postgraduate Diplomas and Masters)
Students must not pay the Special Examination fee during the application stage. Only applicants who are notified that they qualify to write Special Examination must pay the special exam fee.
After payment of the special exam fee, students will get the Special Examination clearance card from the Finance department. The financial clearance card will allow students access into the examination venues.
Students who fail to pay the Special Examination fee will not be allowed to sit for the examination. Both the Application fee and Special Examination fee are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
1. Qualifying Students will sit for Special Examinations between 20 – 31 July 2020, on all campuses.
2. The University’s normal examination regulations, as published in the Annual Prospectus and Examination Guidelines, will apply except that no qualifying Continuous Assessment Mark is required.
3. The Special Examination timetable will not be on students’ personal portals but will be available on the University’s website on a later date in June 2020.
4. To pass a Special Examination, student must obtain a mark of at least 50% in the examination.
5. All marks higher than 50% obtained in the Special Examination will be rounded down to 50%.
6. CAs will not be considered for the Special Examination.
7. Except for HIV/AIDS Management students, a student who fails or misses a Special Examination must repeat the subject. There will be no further opportunity to sit supplementary exams, or to delay or postpone the special exam.
+264 61-433 6000
Address: 21-31 Hercules Street, Dorado park ext 1, Windhoek