Namibia Statistics Agency Vacancies
ABOUT THE NAMIBIA STATISTICS AGENCY
The Statistics Act No. 9 of 2011 has been passed by the Parliament and signed by the President in terms of the Namibian Constitution. The Act provide for the development of the National Statistics System and provide for its components and objectives; to establish the Namibia Statistics Agency and the Board of the Namibia Statistics Agency and provide for their powers and functions.
Functions of the Namibia Statistics Agency:
– To constitute the central statistical authority for the State;
– To collect, produce, analyse and disseminate official and other statistics in Namibia
– Facilitate the capture, management, maintenance, integration, distribution and use of spatial data;
– To develop and coordinate the National Statistics System and the NSDI; and
– To advise the Minister (DG of National Planning Commission) on matters related to official and other statistics, whether of its own accord or at the request of the Minister.
“Leveraging on partnerships and innovative technologies, to produce and disseminate relevant, quality, timely statistics and spatial data that are fit-for-purpose in accordance with international standards and best practice”
Vision“To be a high performance institution in quality statistics delivery”
- Excellent Performance
- Team work