Namibian Standards Institution Vacancies 2023
The Namibian Standards Institution (NSI) is one of the key performance indicators (KPI) of the country’s national quality infrastructure. The first is the National Quality Policy (NQP) adopted by the cabinet. The other KPI is the Legal Infrastructure consisting of the Standards Act No 18 of 2005, the Metrology Amendment Act No 17 of 2005 and the Accreditation Board of Namibia Act No 8 of 2005.
The Namibian Standards Institution (NSI) is established in terms of the Standards Act 18, of 2005. The NSI is governed by the Namibian Standards Council (NSC), which was inaugurated by the former Minister of Industrialisation, Trade and SME Development Dr. Hage Geingob on the 17th of February, 2011.
The Namibian Standards Institution is mandated to carry out the following functions:
- To manage and coordinate the implementation of the National Quality Policy and promote quality in society.
- To develop, adopt and publish Namibian standards (NAMS) in compliance to World Trade Organisation requirements.
- To provide training to external stakeholders on selected standards.
- To provide accurate measurement traceability to international standards through the Metrology laboratory.
- To provide reliable testing services mainly on fish and fishery products, shelfish, portable water, sea water and wastes to aquaculture, fishing and other industries through its Chemistry and Microbiology laboratories.
- To provide inspection services on land-based factories and vessels, sensory evaluation on chilled as well as frozen fish.
- To conduct inspection on canned fish and beef products and provide food safety technical support to fishing and mariculture industries.
- To certify products and organisations’ management systems through the Marks of Conformity.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Namibian Standards Institution (NSI) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification
|NSI Head Office
Tel: +264 61 386400
Fax: +264 61 386454
P.O. Box 26364
Channel Life Tower,
M1, Post Street Mall
|The NSI is committed to providing excellent service to all our customers therefore we value your feedback, feel free to share your feedback or complaints with the Corporate Communications division:
Ms Joanette Eises
Corporate Communications Officer
Tel: +264 61 386470; Fax: +264 61 386477
P.O. Box 26364
Erf 205 Gold Street
|Meatco Inspection Centre
Tel: +264 61 306 706; Fax: +264 61 306708
P.O. Box 26364
No. 1 Sheffield Street
Northern Industrial Area
|Walvis Bay Testing Centre
Tel: +264 64 216600
Fax: +264 64 200151
Langer Heinrich Crescent
New Light Industrial Area
|Walvis Bay Inspection Centre
Tel: +264 64 216650
Fax: +264 64 203868
P.O. Box 123
Walvis Bay, Namibia
220 1st Street East
Tel: +264 63 203698
Fax: +264 63 203697
P.O. Box 947
Erf 796, Industrial Area