Namibian College of Open Learning (NAMCOL) 2023/2024 Admission Guide
Documents Needed for Admission
The following documents are needed for enrolment:
• Proof of identity (Namibian ID OR passport, NAMCOL Learner ID, birth certificate)
• ORIGINAL certificate of your highest educational qualification or ORIGINAL statement of results for the most recent examination you sat (certified copies of the above documents are NOT acceptable)
• Payment in full of subject fees (in cash or by money order)
• Study permit for all foreign nationals*
• One passport-size photo
• Statement of Entry for learners previously enrolled with NAMCOL.
You have to present the above mentioned documents for enrolment. Enrolment officers will be present to assist you
with the process. Upon enrolment, you will be given a set of study materials, a copy of the receipt of payment and a Learner ID as proof that you have enrolled with NAMCOL. After the enrolment period, you will receive a Statement
of Entry indicating your enrolment particulars and all the subjects you have enrolled for during the current academic year.
Please keep all these documents in a safe place. Your NAMCOL ID and proof of payment will be required when you
register for the examinations or when you collect outstanding study material.
The NAMCOL Statement of Entry must be presented along with your proof of payment and Learner ID when you register for examinations with the Directorate of National Examinations and Assessment (DNEA).
Prospective applicants must submit the following documents when applying for studies at the College:
• Study permits; this is a national directive issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs that all students of foreign origin MUST first apply for Study Permits at the Ministry before approaching any educational
institution for enrolment;
• Passport valid for at least a year,
• Identification Document,
• A valid Visa (if required),
• Police Clearance,
• Highest educational qualifications certified by Namibia Qualifications Authority and a
• Medical Clearance Report.
Prospective applicants can approach NAMCOL for possible acquisition of an acknowledgement letter for the application of the study permit.
Fee for lost documents:
A N$20.00 fee is payable for
lost enrollment receipts.