Southern Business School Admission Requirements / Qualifications
SBS Namibia Admission Requirements
National Senior Certificate (NSC)
The National Senior Certificate (NSC) is a 130, credit NFQ 4 certificate issued for the first time at the end of 2008.
Minimum admission requirements are:
Higher Certificates: National Senior Certificate (NSC) with a minimum of 30% in English as certified by Umalusi.
Diplomas: National Senior Certificate (NSC) with a minimum of 30% in English as certified by Umalusi and an achievement rating of 3 (Moderate Achievement, 40-49%) or better in four recognised NSC 20 credit subjects.
Degrees: The minimum admission requirement for the Bachelor degree programmes requires a National Senior Certificate (NSC) with a minimum of 30% in English as certified by Umalusi and an achievement rating of 4 (Adequate Achievement, 50-59%) or better in four subjects from the designated subject list: Accounting, Agricultural Sciences, Business Studies, Dramatic Arts, Economics, Engineering Graphics and Design, Geography, History, Consumer Studies, Information Technology, Languages (two other recognised language subjects), Life Sciences, Mathematics, Mathematical Literacy, Music, Physical Sciences, Religious Studies, Visual Arts.
Higher Degrees: A relevant B-degree or Honours degree.In addition, further admission requirements may be specific to certain programmes.Grade 12 before 2008
A Grade 12 Certificate with university exemption (endorsement) is required to register for degree studies.
To apply for normal registration for Higher Certificate and Diploma studies at Southern Business School, the applicant must be in possession of:
- A matriculation certificate issued by the Matriculation Board; or
- A certificate endorsed by the South African Certification Board as equivalent to the minimum admission requirements for higher education; or
- Any certificate, which is deemed equivalent and which is registered on the NQF.
- The senior certificate must reflect a minimum of five subjects in higher or standard grade or combination of subjects on the higher grade and the standard grade.
- The Academic Board may admit a person with a senior certificate with a minimum of four subjects (which may not include more than two of the official languages) passed on higher or standard grade, provided the remaining subject/s passed on lower grade is/are not a prerequisite for the proposed instructional programme.
- If one of the official languages is passed on lower grade, or you do not meet the above requirements, the student will be obliged to apply for conditional admission.