Zimbabwe Embassy in Namibia Job Vacancies 2023
Mauya! Siyalamukela! Welcome!
A warm welcome to the website of the Zimbabwean Embassy in Namibia, where you can obtain information about the Zimbabwean Embassy in Namibia, Zimbabwean visa requirements, tourist information, public holidays in Zimbabwe and travel information about Zimbabwe.
Brief History of Zimbabwe
Zimbabwe derives its name from historical stone structures called “Great Zimbabwe” (houses of stone), the largest in Africa after the pyramids of Egypt. The stone sculptures were built in stages between 800 and 1500 A.D. They are the remaining evidence of a past imperial capital of imposing architecture whose wall, made up of millions of hand cut brick sized blocks of granite fitted together without mortar or cement, still stand, about 11 metres high and six metres thick in places. The Great Enclosure is about 250 metres in circumference. Its zenith the city had 20 000 to 30 000 inhabitants. Great Zimbabwe became a citadel, a regional Mecca and famous for world trade centre. Thus as Europe was emerging from the Dark Ages, two centuries before the Norman conquest of England, Great Zimbabwe National Monumentan Africans were founding a great civilization, whish lasted for six hundred years. Smaller stone structures were found at Khami, Dhlodhlo, Nalatele and 250 other sites in present day Zimbabwe, South Africa, Botswana and Mozambique.
Below is a list of the services currently offered by the Embassy:
* Processing of passport application forms
* Issuing of Emergency Travelling Documents (ETD)/Temporary Travel Documents (TTD)
* Confirmation of validity of driver’s licences
* Processing documents for the repatriation of remains of deceased Zimbabweans
* Facilitation of applicants for birth registration for children born in Namibia
* Consular visits to Zimbabwean nationals imprisoned in Namibia
* Authentication and certification of documents
* Promotion of business relations between Zimbabwe and Namibia
* Processing of trade/tourism/investment enquiries and provision of business related information
* Provision of general information
Corner Independence Avenue & Grimm Street,
P.O. Box 23056,
Tel: +264 61 227738+264 61 228137
+264 61 227204
+264 61 228134
Fax: +264 61 226859